No announcement yet.

Cottos New Trainer was the Difference tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cottos New Trainer was the Difference tonight

The difference between this fight was obvious, cotto won all the rounds by boxing great just like the first fight but the difference was when cotto got tired from running he got a breather in the ring by turning margarito around and smudgering him backing margarito up. This allowed cotto to get a breather while also landing heaving shots on marg.

The first fight cotto ran constantly with no stopping, a pace cotto could not continue in the first fight. Pedro diaz game plan was simply phenomenal, pedro is the next great trainer in boxing. Many fighters will go to this guy after seeing this performance from cotto. I dont agree with the stoppage, i wanted cotto to win a full 12 round fight by ud or by stopping marg on his own. I'd like for cotto rematch him again and seal the deal next time.

Pedro had cotto box box box score points until cotto felt he needed a breather. When cotto needs that breather they went to operation smudge marg and it worked. Marg still landed those little pity pad punches but what do they do? nothing, those punches arent points, only clean landed punches score points.

Congrats cotto and pedro, very happy with this victory for cotto.

I agree. cotto had a good gameplan for this fight. Pedro looks like a good trainer, know any fighters that pedro trains?

Comment

Pedro diaz did a good job

Comment

Diaz did his thing, but I think the result would have been the same no matter what.

Comment

why was nazeem richardson at cotto's dug out but not in the ring? he was wearing team cotto uniform too.

Comment

It seemed like he has alot better balance and his footwork was pretty good way better then before i think this was a good move for cotto to switch trainers alot of people stewards style of fightin noone knows pedros and he came up with a hell of a game plan i think richardson helped train to but noone knew that would be damn good if cotto got help from both of them

Comment

I felt the trainer did not make a difference.

Comment

Trainer was the difference.

To the way he turned Margo to the clinching.

All important.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                  Trainer was the difference.

To the way he turned Margo to the clinching.

All important.
                  pedro was constantly yellin at cotto in the corner for cotto to turn him and lay on him for the breathers. Watching this fight now in good quality and marg is landing ****, he got outclassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Underated Boxer View Post
                    The difference between this fight was obvious, cotto won all the rounds by boxing great just like the first fight but the difference was when cotto got tired from running he got a breather in the ring by turning margarito around and smudgering him backing margarito up. This allowed cotto to get a breather while also landing heaving shots on marg.

The first fight cotto ran constantly with no stopping, a pace cotto could not continue in the first fight. Pedro diaz game plan was simply phenomenal, pedro is the next great trainer in boxing. Many fighters will go to this guy after seeing this performance from cotto. I dont agree with the stoppage, i wanted cotto to win a full 12 round fight by ud or by stopping marg on his own. I'd like for cotto rematch him again and seal the deal next time.

Pedro had cotto box box box score points until cotto felt he needed a breather. When cotto needs that breather they went to operation smudge marg and it worked. Marg still landed those little pity pad punches but what do they do? nothing, those punches arent points, only clean landed punches score points.

Congrats cotto and pedro, very happy with this victory for cotto.
                    hmmm, So you think hes a different boxer now?

Comment

Working...
                    X