No announcement yet.

Best "gamers" day ever!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best "gamers" day ever!

I went to an exhibition at one of those cool alternative museums the other week. The feature exhibit was "History of Video Gaming"

It cost £3 to get in, and to be honest I would've been happy to pay £20. They had every machine from the very start of Gaming, right up to high end PC's and Xbox 360's etc. I eventually got to play on a Dragon 32 and a Neo Geo (remember those games used to cost about £75 each)

They had original artwork from the Dizzy storyboard, and a bustop where you could sit and play on an Atari Lynx, PSP or Gameboy or Gamegear (with TV tuner )

As well as all this they had a mini cinema playing re-runs of Gamesmaster, and a media room where you could put headphones on and listen to a selection of Journolists arguing about the impact of gaming and does it influence real life violence etc.

I was amazed at how hard Ghosts and Goblins was compared to current games, and forgot how good Micro Machines on the NES was!!

I played Elite, Manic Miner, Sensible Soccer, Monkey Island, Flashback, Pitfighter, Donkey Kong 64, Pong, and even Street Fighter 1.

What a day, and what memories it brought back to me.

Oh yeah, and Little Big Planet is rubbish for the record.
    Last edited by Naps; 09-05-2009, 05:38 PM.

Lucky bastard. sounds like a great day out.

Comment

Monkey Island is a bad boy game.

I need a good copy, can anyone get me a link to one?

Comment

I remember RES2 cost me £60.

Comment

Working...
        X