No announcement yet.

Teddy ATlas ''Mike Tyson Dosen't Deserve To Be In The IBHOF''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Somebody has been sippin on that Haterade.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Easy View Post
      Teddy Atlas is the biggest HATER and a bum. No one would have even heard of him if it wasn't for Tyson. What other great has he worked with and what did he do in his boxing career nothing.
      You mean aside from literally willing Michael Moorer to the Heavyweight Championship of the World?

Comment

Atlas knows more about tyson than 99.9999999999% of the population. He shaped him, built him, all from the tender age of 12 to around 16-17 when tyson sexually assaulted his 12 year old neice (grabbed her ass).

You tards think cus was in the gym training tyson? No, he would stop by 2 times a week and offer advice from the corner. Teddy was in the ring with tyson every day 7 days a week for years molding tyson into a fighter.

And teddy is also correct about the fact that anyone who wasn't intimidated by his antics beat the **** out of tyson.

Comment

I've really grown to hate Teddy Atlas. He has become the most biased and agenda driven commentator in boxing. Atlas even managed to make Bernard Hopkins a sympathetic figure. He should have been fired after his irresponsible comments about Pacquiao, not to mention his weekly barrage of ****ty fight predictions.

Comment

Its a myth that to beat Tyson all you had to do was stand up to the guy and not be intimidated. Tyson prevailed plenty of times against fighters who genuinely did not appear scared and actually fought pretty well against him. Here are a few:

Jose Ribalta: Granted, he wasn't in Tyson's league but he fought well, took some serious punishment and at one point after being dropped was asked by the ref if he wanted to continue. His reply was 'yea, hell yea'. His gutsy performance nearly pushed him into a rematch situation a few years after. I seem to recall a post fight interview (possibly after the Carl Williams fight) where he was touted as a future opponent.

James Quick Tillis: Lasted the distance, won several rounds and fought well. Even fought exhibitions with Tyson after this fight!

Tony Tucker: World class amateur, undefeated. Lasted the distance, also won several rounds (some even argued that the overall scoring should have been much closer) and even took to showboating in the later rounds.

Tyrell Biggs: World class amateur again undefeated. Came in confident, trying to box like Ali. Was given a savage, prolonged beating.

Larry Holmes: Granted, he was old, ring rusty and was rushed into the contest but he certainly didn't seem intimidated and fought quite well before being knocked out.

Tony Tubbs: He was clearly in no shape to be fighting Tyson but didn't appear fazed at all. I seem to remember the commentator giving him the first round, in which he landed some eye catching combinations.

Frank Bruno: First time round Frank was really fired up, and we all know that he rocked Tyson in that first round and did what he could before being knocked out.

Carl Williams: He was another that seemed super confident before the match and certainly lets his fists go before being knocked out.

Razor Ruddock: In both meetings he appeared unfazed, stood up to Tyson and landed savage punches. Tyson described his punches as 'mule kicks'. He also says to this day that he is very proud of these performances as both fights were tough and he prevailed in wars of attrition.

These men were beaten by sheer skill and power despite standing up to Tyson.

In his loses to Buster Douglas and Evander Holyfield (first time), he was genuinely beaten by better guys on the night and showed heart and the ability to withstand punishment round after round both times. Mike took good beatings both nights and was genuinely gracious in defeat.

We all know that it fell apart for him after then. But in anything like his prime he was only going to be beaten by men who not only were able to stand up to him but also had to be technically superior and better conditioned on the nights that he fought them. Buster Douglas and Evander Holyfield certainly were that on those respective nights.

Surely that is what sport is about, the better man prevailing on the night? THAT Buster Douglas and THAT Evander Holyfield would I'm sure have beaten plenty of other hall of fame heavyweights on their night.
            Last edited by Sugarj; 06-17-2011, 07:11 PM.

Comment

From what read teddy atlas hates on everyone....what an ass hole! Just be happy for someone or dont say **** Teddy

Comment

Atlas obviously doesn't like Tyson. Teddy has gone at him with a gun, I think on multiple occasions. Now he's supposed to vouch for him or something? I don't know, he's obviously letting his bias get him here but I don't blame him. Dude tried to rape his niece.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                  Atlas obviously doesn't like Tyson. Teddy has gone at him with a gun, I think on multiple occasions. Now he's supposed to vouch for him or something? I don't know, he's obviously letting his bias get him here but I don't blame him. Dude tried to rape his niece.
                  If it was just Tyson I'd understand. But Atlas consistently looks down his nose at foreign fighters. To prove that, just look what he did to Povetkin's career.

Comment

You guys are just tyson nuthuggers. Those bums you mentioned were all scared ****less except for an ancient larry holmes.

Tyson was mentally weak and unstable.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                      You guys are just tyson nuthuggers. Those bums you mentioned were all scared ****less except for an ancient larry holmes.

Tyson was mentally weak and unstable.
                      wtf is wrong with that guy on your avatar? who is that?

Comment

Working...
                      X