Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

..CONCEPCION Targetting LUEVANO For October...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..CONCEPCION Targetting LUEVANO For October...

NABF Superbantamweight champion Bernabe Concepcion is being lined-up to fight WBO featherweight champion Steven Luevano this coming October. According to trainer Freddie Roach, Concepcion is poised to move-up in weight and get his first-ever shot at a world title. Roach made the revelation thru the daily Philippine radio show “Sports Chat” hosted by this writer. In the same interview Roach said the fight may happen beneath the Kelly Pavlik-Bernard Hopkins fight set on October 18 in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The 20-year-old Concepcion, who fights under Top Rank Inc. in association with MP Promotions owned by Manny Pacquiao has a record of 26-1-1 with 15 knockouts.Luevano meanwhile is a 27-year-old southpaw with a record of 35-1-1 with 15 knockouts. The La Puente California fighter won the crown by stopping Nicky Cook in the 11th round last July 2007 in London and has defended it three times.

Let me just say that this is one hellova card. Pavlik-Hopkins, Luevano-Concepcion, Juan Manuel Lopez defense.. BOOYA.

I'm ordering. All there is to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Calderon... View Post
      Let me just say that this is one hellova card. Pavlik-Hopkins, Luevano-Concepcion, Juan Manuel Lopez defense.. BOOYA.

I'm ordering. All there is to it.
      definately watching it

Comment

hey wtf why doesn that kid stay at 122? why are they moving him up to 126 already?
        That is kinda strange he is just a baby 20 years old and they already putting him up for a title against luevano?
        sorry pinoys another rushed prospect is gonna be knocked out again, they did the same to boom boom and rodel mayol and those guys never been the same.

Comment

That's a big step up. If concepcion manages to win he is indeed the real deal.

Comment

After how vulnerable and easy to hit Luevano looked last time out, I want to fight Luevano as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
              After how vulnerable and easy to hit Luevano looked last time out, I want to fight Luevano as well!
              Dude, you don't have to act like that about it. It's going to be a tough as hell fight for either. Don't be so predictable.

Luevano's last opponent had a KO record of closer to 70 percent, while Concepcion has a KO ratio closer to 50. I'm not saying that he hasn't improved. I know that his trainer is better, so his punchers and more accurate, correct, straighter and shorter.

He's also facing a guy who has decent defence, is a better boxer, a solid punch and is heavier, naturally.

It's a tough fight.

Comment

Dude, you don't have to act like that about it. It's going to be a tough as hell fight for either. Don't be so predictable.

Luevano's last opponent had a KO record of closer to 70 percent, while Concepcion has a KO ratio closer to 50. I'm not saying that he hasn't improved. I know that his trainer is better, so his punchers and more accurate, correct, straighter and shorter.

He's also facing a guy who has decent defence, is a better boxer, a solid punch and is heavier, naturally.

It's a tough fight.
                Hey hey hey......

take it easy bro, I come in peace.

I saw the last fight and it was apparent that Luevano had a hell of a time trying to make weight. He looked drained at the weigh-in, had to make two trips to the scale and looked much slower than he had in previous fights.

He also took a lot of punches in victory against Terdsak, even took a trip to the canvas. It's becoming abundantly clear, atleast in my opinion, that Luevano needs to move to 130 because he's having too much trouble making 126.

I'm still not sold on Concepcion yet, he's been fighting guys who have been getting knocked out a lot and he's looking good as a result. I'd like to see Concepcion fight some of the young guns at 122 but hey if he thinks he can take advantage of Luevano now, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
                  Hey hey hey......

take it easy bro, I come in peace.

I saw the last fight and it was apparent that Luevano had a hell of a time trying to make weight. He looked drained at the weigh-in, had to make two trips to the scale and looked much slower than he had in previous fights.

He also took a lot of punches in victory against Terdsak, even took a trip to the canvas. It's becoming abundantly clear, atleast in my opinion, that Luevano needs to move to 130 because he's having too much trouble making 126.

I'm still not sold on Concepcion yet, he's been fighting guys who have been getting knocked out a lot and he's looking good as a result. I'd like to see Concepcion fight some of the young guns at 122 but hey if he thinks he can take advantage of Luevano now, go for it.
                  Alright, fair enough. You're a good poster. I just don't want people to take sucha great fight like this, and brush it off.

Comment

Alright, fair enough. You're a good poster. I just don't want people to take sucha great fight like this, and brush it off.
                    I was playing NBA Live and was trying to see how a Stephen A. Smith attitude would look like on me. I'm working on it, Jim Lampley can't commentate forever.

Comment

Working...
                    X