No announcement yet.

Finally someone honest about being scared of Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I like him, I think he is potentially quite a specimen but what I don't like is the hype which in turn means he is almost expected too kill everyone in a few rounds and if he fails there is a load of excuses. Those aren't needed, you can't blow everybody out in a few rounds.
    He is an offensive machine but people are so caught up in the hype its like they believe he is prime Mike Tyson.
    He is almost believed to be this unbeatable 'god' hes human, every fighter is beatable.

I want to see him against a good sized, decent, prime middleweight. As it stands his best win probably is Ouma.

I see where the hype stems from but its gone completely overboard and while he is high risk, low reward I am sure there is better opponents available than whats his name? Tall Japanese kid, Ishida? that stopped Kirkland and is like 40, feather fisted & coming off a few losses. I suppose at least he is a legit middleweight.
    The thing is people have made a case for a prime Mike Tyson to be hype aswell!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      You Pacquiao fans need to support Donaire now. It's quite hilarious that you're jumping on GG's bandwagon, lmao! Golovkin is a ko waiting to happen. Quillen would beat the **** out of GG.

Of course he would, that is why he ducks him with some stupid excuses about Golovkin being not known enough. GGG will literally kill your brotha, moron

Comment

Barker basically said the exact same thing as Hearn a couple weeks ago, that he would fight Golovkin but only if there were no other options.

http://www.boxingscene.com/barker-ey...in-bout--61609

Barker admits the hard-hitting Golovkin is one of the most dangerous fighters in his division, but he would still relish another world title fight after his creditable stoppage defeat against Sergio Martinez in 2011.

"I mean if there is anyone you wanted to swerve then it would be him by the looks of things," he said. "But like I say, I fought the best in Martinez and I wouldn't shy away from fighting Golovkin.

"I would get in there with him tomorrow and I honestly mean that. He's got a good amateur pedigree he's a big puncher with both hands, but I believe I've got the style to beat any of the world champions out there. I learned so much from the Martinez fight that I don't think there's anybody I should be afraid of."

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
        id like to see ggg go at with ndam
        Ndam and Golovkin were supposed to fight for the vacant WBA Regular title, Ndam backed out, Mundine then backed out, he fought Nunez. Ndam was awarded for his duck by being given a Interm belt which he held for almost two years, backed out of 3 more attempted unifications with Golovkin and when the WBA finally demanded it Ndam gave up his Interm belt rather than face Golovkin.
        Last edited by Mikhnienko; 02-14-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
          Of course he would, that is why he ducks him with some stupid excuses about Golovkin being not known enough. GGG will literally kill your brotha, moron
          I hear ya caveman.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
            Barker basically said the exact same thing as Hearn a couple weeks ago, that he would fight Golovkin but only if there were no other options.

Barker admits the hard-hitting Golovkin is one of the most dangerous fighters in his division, but he would still relish another world title fight after his creditable stoppage defeat against Sergio Martinez in 2011.

"I mean if there is anyone you wanted to swerve then it would be him by the looks of things," he said. "But like I say, I fought the best in Martinez and I wouldn't shy away from fighting Golovkin.

"I would get in there with him tomorrow and I honestly mean that. He's got a good amateur pedigree he's a big puncher with both hands, but I believe I've got the style to beat any of the world champions out there. I learned so much from the Martinez fight that I don't think there's anybody I should be afraid of."

Ndam and Golovkin were supposed to fight for the vacant WBA Regular title, Ndam backed out, Mundine then backed out, he fought Nunez. Ndam was awarded for his duck by being given a Interm belt which he held for almost two years, backed out of 3 more attempted unifications with Golovkin and when the WBA finally demanded it Ndam gave up his Interm belt rather than face Golovkin.
            The top 13 fighter have made it clear they dont want Golovkin, yet people still complain about Golovkin and not the guys who are ducking him

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post

Barker was only complementing him. He said nothing about fighting Golovkin only if it was his only choice.
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-14-2013, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X