No announcement yet.

No Choice: Calzaghe Must Face Kessler Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $iN View Post
    Honestly, I don't think Kessler's competition is that great but he's beaten all the other top contenders impressively albeit in an average division. No one can deny that he is the biggest threat to Calzaghe at 168 and that's why people want this fight.

And regarding obscure Europeans, I don't consider them obscure anymore when they are featured on HBO. How many of the previous Euros had that kind of backing?
    The biggest threat to Calzaghe is weight.

He struggles to make SMW and should move directly to LHW where he can seek fights that he always wanted. IE Jones, Tarver, Hopkins IE Names.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Liaison View Post
      If he did fight and beat Kessler, most here would rubbish Kessler as a bum who beat no-one, it would be like the Lacy win all over again.

HBO control Joe now and if you were a HBO business man what would you rather, American Vs. Brit or Dane Vs. Brit, hmmmmm.
      How many top 5 fighters did Lacy beat? None that I can recall. Maybe Reid. People were just in love with his power. Kessler's win over Mundine is better than anything Lacy has done in his life and almost as good as any of Calzaghe's wins...

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
        The biggest threat to Calzaghe is weight.

He struggles to make SMW and should move directly to LHW where he can seek fights that he always wanted. IE Jones, Tarver, Hopkins IE Names.
        Now he's struggling with weight? Keep the excuses coming...

Comment

How many top 5 fighters did Lacy beat? None that I can recall. Maybe Reid. People were just in love with his power. Kessler's win over Mundine is better than anything Lacy has done in his life and almost as good as any of Calzaghe's wins...
          Don't even fathom to begin making the case for Kessler being a better fighter than Lacy. You and I know that would be just about the most absurd thing of all time. I'm not going to run down a list of Lacy's opposition....he's done far more than Kessler has in their respective careers so far.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Now he's struggling with weight? Keep the excuses coming...
            Are you ******ed?

He openly stated on camera it's killed him for years to make 168. That was immediately after the Lacy fight.

Comment

WHO THE **** IS MUNDINE?

Will somebody please get off Mundine's ****? The guy is a nobody, he's lost to every good fighter he's fought.

Comment

The real reason Most YANKS want this fight.. is the sting of pride they felt when Calzaghe embarressed Lacy and ultimately embarressed all the people who picked LACY to win..
                In their minds Kessler offers some sort of retirbution.. Why I dont know?
                In fact I am sure that is the same reason alot of people are picking Manfredo Jr..Which is only sure to sting their pride further..

However Our little SIG banner stealing freind.. $iN.. makes a valid point that I feel this fight will be forced..

Comment

No. Calzaghe does not have to take a Kessler fight. Absolutely not. He has to take a fight that the public perceives as challenging though. It could be Kessler, but it could be against any number of opponents up a weight class, i.e. Hopkins, Tarver, Jones Jr, or Chad Johnson. He cannot take a fight with a B level fighter when there are so many good fighters or at least top names around him though. He just can't. That would be the most cowardly move ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanus View Post
                    WHO THE **** IS MUNDINE?

Will somebody please get off Mundine's ****? The guy is a nobody, he's lost to every good fighter he's fought.
                    Didn't he get KO'd by Mr feather fist himself .. Sven Ottke???

Comment

Lacy was a name.
                      Thats all that matters.

In a perfect world Calzaghe would fight Kessler and the undisputed champion goes on to fight other big names....

...But this is boxing, and that hardly ever happens.

Personally id love Calzgha to face Kessler. No one can argue with 'undisputed'.

Comment

Working...
                      X