No announcement yet.

71 Ali vs Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 71 Ali vs Marciano

How would a fight of the Century Ali do against Marciano, I would say the sixties version wins a UD but a fight with 71 Ali would be more interesting, I still think Ali wins though the fight is closer.

Thoughts?
    71 Ali
    80.00%
    Marciano
    20.00%

Originally posted by kendom View Post
    How would a fight of the Century Ali do against Marciano, I would say the sixties version wins a UD but a fight with 71 Ali would be more interesting, I still think Ali wins though the fight is closer.

Thoughts?
    I think either version of Ali would dominate him tbh

Comment

Ali Unanimous decision 10 rounds to 5.

Comment

ali wide UD

Comment

Theres the 1969 computerized fight where Marciano KOs Ali to watch, very interesting footage by Ali and Rocky. I remember a statement by Ali after the film sequences were finished that he had bruises all over his sides and arms from Rockys punches and how Ali was amazed at how quick Marciano moved in on him. After tens of thousands senerios fed to the computer Ali being stopped was the overall pick. " I could see Ali winning a close distance fight at 15, and Rocky winning a the same. Both could stop one another also, Rock on cuts and Ali from being battered.
          Don't think of Marciano being slow footed, he wasn't! He was much quicker than Frazier and punched harder too with both hands not just one. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Theres the 1969 computerized fight where Marciano KOs Ali to watch, very interesting footage by Ali and Rocky. I remember a statement by Ali after the film sequences were finished that he had bruises all over his sides and arms from Rockys punches and how Ali was amazed at how quick Marciano moved in on him. After tens of thousands senerios fed to the computer Ali being stopped was the overall pick. " I could see Ali winning a close distance fight at 15, and Rocky winning a the same. Both could stop one another also, Rock on cuts and Ali from being battered.
            Don't think of Marciano being slow footed, he wasn't! He was much quicker than Frazier and punched harder too with both hands not just one. Ray.
            There's no way Marciano was quicker than Frazier, Frazier was quicker than Marciano which is why he put on more pressure, the only advantage Marciano has for Frazier is power and even that's arguable, and wasn't that the same computer that predicted that Foster would stop Frazier in 5?

Comment

I don't know about how or who fed the computor the info to come to any finality! As to my opinion that Marciano was quicker than Frazier its my opinion based on how Rocky manipulated his opponents by his movements and how he could cut the ring off much better than Frazier could. Once Frazier went above 215lbs he slowed dramaticly just like any other short statured heavyweight does. They get abit more heavy legged and the motion needed for defense like rolling and using their sides gets more difficult to do. Thats why I believe Marciano had alot more flexabilty as he aged than Frazier and Tyson did as they aged and put on alot more weight. Marciano was an extremely hard worker during training and you never hear of him tiring in a fight. He knew his game was to apply pressure and was the best since Dempsey to do just that.
              If you watch the film you can see Rocky making his moves clearly and well defined and the film is being made years after his prime. He has an answer movement wise for anything thrown at him he was not a statue or a drag the back leg around the ring fighter. He had tremendous upper body movement.
              Ray

Comment

I don't know about how or who fed the computor the info to come to any finality! As to my opinion that Marciano was quicker than Frazier its my opinion based on how Rocky manipulated his opponents by his movements and how he could cut the ring off much better than Frazier could. Once Frazier went above 215lbs he slowed dramaticly just like any other short statured heavyweight does. They get abit more heavy legged and the motion needed for defense like rolling and using their sides gets more difficult to do. Thats why I believe Marciano had alot more flexabilty as he aged than Frazier and Tyson did as they aged and put on alot more weight. Marciano was an extremely hard worker during training and you never hear of him tiring in a fight. He knew his game was to apply pressure and was the best since Dempsey to do just that.
                If you watch the film you can see Rocky making his moves clearly and well defined and the film is being made years after his prime. He has an answer movement wise for anything thrown at him he was not a statue or a drag the back leg around the ring fighter. He had tremendous upper body movement.
                Ray
                Well we're talking about a prime Frazier aren't we? and a prime Frazier was definetly a lot faster than Marciano. Marciano was recognised as slow even by people in his time, I've heard ppl claim that Marciano hit harder than Frazier, but faster? no and he never faced anyone up to the level of the Ali that Frazier faced.

Comment

To think Frazier only had his left is really stupid and furthermore that tape was blatantly a product of the white establishment. Released in 1970 when Ali was in exile, no-one liked him and it would also be a poor selling point if a supposed "draft-dodger" was to outbox a great white fighter.

Comment

Ali wide decision. Wouldn't be surprised at Rocky getting KDed a few times.

Comment

Working...
                    X