No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter Says Khan Wasn't Given Proper Instructions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    There is a reason why Roach fighters alway walk into a punch that they don't see coming and then get KTFO by those punches.
    Was Roach Khan's trainer in the Prescott fight as well??

Comment

Its probably a combination of the two. Kahns too eager to go into a slugfest and fights with heart not his brain and Roach is probably best suited to training offensive fighters were Kahn should be training to box. Simple. End thread and stop bitching blaming one side or the other.

Comment

Amir khan may look like a slick, new and improved boxer vs light punching lightweights but reality will kick in pretty fast when he is on the verge of another title shot or even a move up in weight and he is about to face dangerous punchers garcia, mathysse, abregu, brook or top class fighters like mayweather, pacquiao, bradley.

He will put on a few good performances against light punchers like cuenca... get hyped up again by golden boy...he and hunter will look like the dream partnership...he will fight a big puncher...look good for a few rounds then get tagged again...do the khan wiggle...get stopped then blame it on hunter then retire or move onto a new trainer lol

Comment

Be interesting to see Khan's punch output in his next fight.

I'd imagine as soon as he gets Molina hurt or hurt himself he will go hell for leather again.

It's all instinct with Khan. I doubt that can be trained out.

Comment

Roach is an easy target right now. Besides, let's see how Khan performs against Molina before pointing fingers.

Comment

idk.. i like hunter but i think he should wait until he dealt with khan in the ring before making accusations. its one thing dealing with andre ward whos cool, calm and collected throughout the fight and is able to think clearly and follow instructions with no problem.

khan is a whole other story, he gets so hyped up when hes fighting. especially when he gets hit, at which point he stops both listening and thinking. if hunter is able to get through to khan on fight night and make him stay clam and listen much credit to him, but it might be easier said than done.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                idk.. i like hunter but i think he should wait until he dealt with khan in the ring before making accusations. its one thing dealing with andre ward whos cool, calm and collected throughout the fight and is able to think clearly and follow instructions with no problem.

khan is a whole other story, he gets so hyped up when hes fighting. especially when he gets hit, at which point he stops both listening and thinking. if hunter is able to get through to khan on fight night and make him stay clam and listen much credit to him, but it might be easier said than done.
                I agree,it's a mentality issues imo..That's something that can be calmed but never totally taken out of a fighter(imo)...A fighter will always turn to what his instincts tells him when faced with adversity...

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  Did Roach teach Khan how to tie up an opponent when hurt? Because I saw the footage of Khan training pre fight and as usual he was having no defence and roach was just watching on not saying anything.

We have to remember, Roach has had Khan since he was virtually a teenager. He was young enough to learn a new style and new skills, instead all roach really did was excaggerate the style he already used He hasn't taught Khan to clinch, to fight inside, to block an uppercut etc etc etc etc.

Roach has trained flaws into khans game, Hunter knows these flaws and will now try to train them out of him.

I know it's fashionable to Hate on Khan but the fact is he has the same flaws that pretty much all roach fighters have.

Maybe he can change, maybe it's too late, but roach certainly didn't focus on his defence and jab which should always have been the focus, instead he tried to make him Manny 2.0 when everyone else knew Khan didn't have the same punch resistance or power to do that, and should have used his height and reach advantage and speed to stay out of trouble and keep off the ropes

Khan should never have been an all offensive fighter he should have been trained to box
                  I don't believe that the means of using defence -tying-up etc- are video'd so that the whole world knows exactly what fighters are being taught. This would be a suicidal "game given away" move. The various means of defence are practiced in private, as are specific "one-time-only" special surprise attacking moves, and the videos for the public are all about the "action" and "excitement" stuff, to make it attractive for viewers to buy.......For instance none of us saw any video showing David Haye collapsing on the canvas every time he got close to a clinch.....

If The Roach was telling him to "tie him up" you can be sure that this was something that Khan had practiced over and over again for countless hours. It seems obvious that Garcia was trying to not allow Khan to tie up, and that Khan took quite a few solid punches in that 4th round pretty well, which caused him to feel he could take it O.K. because he stopped tying up and just covered up.

The 1st time he went down in that round he was WIIIDE open, and deserved it. Garcia didn't even see where the punch was landing, which actually hapens pretty often-the Pacquiao fight for instance..

Hickey, try to get back the sense you were born with.

Comment

Why does everybody want to turn Khan into Vazquez. Vazquez runs and ducks and avoids a fire fight, wins, and everybody says he stinks. I like Khans attitude, in the ring that is, where it's him or the other guy. He makes mistakes and gets blasted or the other guy misses his chance and just pummels him around a bit. From a spectator point of view what's wrong with that? With his sheild or on it, war Khan. Oh yeah, don't speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      Be interesting to see Khan's punch output in his next fight.

I'd imagine as soon as he gets Molina hurt or hurt himself he will go hell for leather again.

It's all instinct with Khan. I doubt that can be trained out.
                      idk, I would probably do the same if I went into the ring.
                      The opponent is hurt, I would try to finish him off, and if i would be hurt I would rather go out on my shield than to take a knee..stupid maybe, but its worth taking the risk rather than fighting like Vazquez where everyone is happy if you lose..

Comment

Working...
                      X