No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach picking Andre Ward to beat Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r.Gooner View Post
    Ward is pretty much everybody's choice against Froch. Even if he'll win the Super Six tournament, I don't think he can win against Lucian Bute. For me, that will be the ultimate test for Ward. Until that match will happen, I'll be more cautious regarding his qualities.
    Only narrowly though, most people know the threat Froch raises. Abraham had Ward stunned late in their fight, so he can be hurt too and Froch will land.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Only narrowly though, most people know the threat Froch raises. Abraham had Ward stunned late in their fight, so he can be hurt too and Froch will land.
      Abraham never had Ward hurt LATE in their fight. Ward took some good shotsthe first 4 rounds or so, but he came back and beat Abraham without much trouble at all.

Comment

Originally posted by *Khan View Post
        Abraham never had Ward hurt LATE in their fight. Ward took some good shotsthe first 4 rounds or so, but he came back and beat Abraham without much trouble at all.
        I didn't say hurt, I said stunned. Abraham caught him good a couple of times late in the fight and looked to be getting places then Ward stuck his head in.

Comment

Pretty much everyone is taking Ward in this fight and he should win but props to Freddy for picking Ward to win the whole thing from the start. I myself had Ward winning it from the start as well. Most people had the two green Americans as stepping stones and both performed very well and were the best two fighters in the tournament. It's especially funny to look back and think that Abraham was the odds on favorite. He was the worst fighter in this tourney(Taylor was arguably better until the kayo).

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
            An American picking another American to win in America because all of his fights are in his Backyard. with American judges?

Color me SHOCKED!!!!
            Lol Medved despises both american and english fighters. . .

But who doesn't give ward credit? roach is making it out like he doesn't get the props he deserves? last i checked he is in a lot of folks pound for pound list. . .

At first I liked Ward by shutout, but with Froch you never can really tell. . . He's got an extremely long and awkward jab he shoots from weird angles, arguably the toughest bastard in the game, and has stamina second to none.

I think his first plan should be to try to keep ward at the end of his jab, followed by a straight right and a uppercut from time to time. . . if ward is able to time his jab and shoot the straight right in, and pick his shots off, then he should GO TO WAR and start pressuring Ward and just making it an ugly brawl. . .

Comment

Ward is going to embarrass Froch.

Comment

Working...
              X