Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin vs. Hammer Finalized - Winner Gets Joseph Parker Shot!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Povetkin vs. Hammer Finalized - Winner Gets Joseph Parker Shot!

The fight is now a done deal. Heavyweight contender Christian Hammer (22-4, 12 KOs) of Germany has signed a contract for the planned fight with former world champion Alexander Povetkin (32-1, 23 KOs). At their recent annual convention, the World Boxing Organization sanctioned Povetkin vs. Hammer as a final WBO eliminator for a world title shot at Joseph Parker.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Two known ped users go at it to get a shot at the worst heavyweight champion in a decade. This is why I love this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
      Two known ped users go at it to get a shot at the worst heavyweight champion in a decade. This is why I love this sport.
      Did you forget Charles Martin?

Comment

how in the hell do you fail 2 drug tests in 2016 and get a title eliminator fight in 2017??

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post

no one even remembers this clown

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post

Charles Martin walks this Earth like a god.

Comment

Parker better take the AJ money because he has a lot of guys lined up behind him that can beat him for a lot less money hahah. Miller, Whyte and Povetkin can all beat or KO him. I predict he will overprice himself for the Joshua fight and he will fight Kyotaro Fujimoto for a bunch of money in Japan. Then he may have to decide whether to give up the belt against Povetkin or AJ. Either way, his days are numbered

Comment

Joseph Parker better "sell" his title by making a fight with Joshua.

I dont think Parker or hos team is interrested in a fight with Povetkin.
                And definitely not if it takes place in Russia.

I dont blame them either.

Comment

Parker should cash out vs Joshua and he actually has a small chance due to style, Povetkin is a better Joseph Parker and will outbox him and take his cheating PED loaded ass back to Russia with the title

The WBO gave Parker a shot because he had convincing manage ment and thought he would be exciting young prospect and give them.some prestige but after 2 stinking fights (not mainly Parker's fault) they are going for Povetkin who is a known quantity and noone gives a **** he's a cheat who was getting beaten up by Marco Huck before he decided he had to roid out
                  Parker had a chance but he's not enhancing the WBO brand so call on lil roid pants in the bigger Russian market

Do the Alphabet orgs sanctioning fees work on a % of the gate or flat fee ?
                  Last edited by Flabble Scrote; 10-31-2017, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Povetkin had 7 months out of the ring, so in essence he had a 6 month ban I presume. He is a talented fighter without doubt and I would say he will beat Hammer and become the WBO Mandatory. While a lot of other fighters have waited around he has secured this mandatory opportunity by fighting the no.1 rank in Hammer.
                    So Stiverne is having his WBC Mandatory shot soon, who will get the next WBC shot in 12 months time.
                    The IBF Mandatory just been done as well, 12 months away, Pulev again?
                    WBA Mandatory will it be Ortiz? The WBA need to order soon.

With unification fights on the horizon, there is very little chance in the next 18 months for heavyweights to get a shot.
                    Unless Wilder takes a couple voluntaries Whyte and an easier foe waiting for Joshua fight.
                    Parker needs to move soon and fight Haye/Bellew winner and then if he wins Joshua.
                    Joshua needs to fight WBA Mandatory, Parker then Wilder at end of year.

So Dillian Whyte, David Haye or Bellew are the only heavyweights with any chance of a voluntary shot next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X