Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Thurman Has To Fight Shawn Porter and Danny Garcia!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Man I hate the WBC, this is beyond ridiculous. Two fighters whom Thurman beat are now mandatory after both having beat nobody of note. This is pathetic as heck. Garcia and Porter should be fighting each other to determine who the real mandatory is. Not this bullcrap.
    Boxing never changes. WBC are being lazy. Drop the belt Keith.

Comment

WBC Prez: Thurman Has To Fight Shawn Porter and Danny Garcia!

Yeah, but after his rematch with Rod Salka, an all-out war with Delvin Rodriguez, a huge clash with Chris Algieri, and a brutal slugfest with Chito Juanita.
      (Chito Juanita isn't a boxer. It's a Taco Bell employee).

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
        Floyd beat everyone.
        Floyd didn't need belts to prove his worth. All the belts are taxes that's it. Keith is rated number 1. Drop that belt on the floor and dictate your own career.

Comment

Maybe cuz at this current time Porter & DSG brings in the most $?
          Match ups are bringing in the most money, none of these guys can do **** on their own at this point in boxing. Not even Floyd could do big numbers when he fought Berto, because the public did not care for that match up. Thurman vs Spence or Crawford are his biggest money fights.

Comment

Maybe cuz at this current time Porter & DSG brings in the most $?
            Then make Manny a mandatory or remove him from the rankings !!!

Comment

I still think Porter and Garcia need to fight in an eliminator. Winner gets Thurman. Otherwise, you leave to door open for Danny to keep cherry-picking anyone who isn't named Thurman, Porter or Spence. While all this is happening, who is fighting Spence? They going to leave this guy out there to fight journeymen until late 2019?

Comment

Here we go again with the WBC. Thurman should just drop the belt.He already beat those two.Belts do not define a champion.Let Porter and Garcia fight for the belt.

Comment

this is what happens when you win razor thin decisions by the skin of your teeth. all those opponents are gonna rightly feel entitled to rematches. Thurman needs to win more convincingly if not he'll be in an endless loop rematching Danny and Porter.

in this scenario the most logical thing is for Porter to face Garcia. the winner faces Keith. but since that makes too much sense its not gonna happen.

I expect Porter to sit on his ass until Keith calls him and Danny more than likely faces Alexander.

and Keith's tune up I'm guessing will be Victor Ortiz. he admitted that was a possibility.

so how this plays out to me is Thurman/Porter fight end of 2018. then Thurman/Garcia first half of 2019.

if Thurman wins both (not a certainty) then he takes a tune up mid 2019 and if Spence is still at 147 they fight end of next year.

but like I said Keith can lose to both Porter and Danny since he barely beat them the first time.

Spence meanwhile needs to face Ugas. that mofo calling him out hard. make it happen in Dallas.

Comment

Stop saying Thurman should drop the belt, when this is exactly what he has been pushing for. He's running, and they are helping.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                      It is crazy how they are all avoiding Spence. Still, a lot of it is Spence's fault. He has fought once since taking the belt from Brook. He knows he is going to have to fight Ocampo and Ugas. Why the f is he not fighting until June??? He should knock Ocampo out this weekend and Ugas a month later. And Alexander a month after that, and then two months later fight DSG. And call out Thurman after every fight. That's how you get people knowing you, wanting to watch you fight. When you fight once or twice a year and only a good opponent every two or three years, then only us diehards know who they are.

Honestly, why June? Does Spence need six months to get ready for Ocampo? Does it take six months to promote the fight? Screw dates, throw him on FS1. Spence is just wasting time in the prime of his career. When he is an absolute killer.
                      I agree 100%. the problem is these dudes think they're all Floyd Mayweather. Spence is in the prime of his life but his schedule is like he's already an established superstar. and Porter already said he's content with sitting on his ass waiting for Thurman to call him.

everybody wants to be Money May. nobody wants to be Pretty Boy Floyd.

Spence has no excuses not to fight 4 times each year. none. same goes for Porter and Garcia. these dudes are all divas.

Comment

Working...
                      X