No announcement yet.

combinations in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combinations in sparring

well heres my problem maybe some of you guys can help. when im throwing combinations it's hella easy to do on the heavy bag obviously this is true because the heavybag doesn't fight back. but i've been thinking about my recent sparring sessions and i find that i wont throw a combination unless i know that im going to connect with it. so heres my question do you throw combinations regardless if the shots hit the gloves or do you wait for an opening to throw a combination?
    thanks, jamie

I try to save my shots! rememeber you have no idea on his personal fitness and he may be completed shot in the later rounds so why not reserve yours as much as you can... but thats not to say dont swing away you may get lucky with one or two just no windmills constantly

Comment

i understand you must save your shots but i hardly throw combinations and if im saving my shots then all ill be throwing is single jabs which makes me easy to figure out

Comment

Don't waste your energy throwing hard shots when you see his hands are up and are going to block them.

Try to find or make openings. If his hands are up and in front of his face, you can throw one or two light quick shots at his head to keep his hands in place, and then dig a hard body shot, and then come back to the head if/when he drops his hand to protect the body shot.

Comment

go for the knockout from the opening bell but contructed aggresion

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
            go for the knockout from the opening bell but contructed aggresion
            He's talking about sparring. No one should be "going for the knockout" when sparring.

Comment

Well you open people up with combos right? If you won't land I to the head try body or arm shots. Don't wait for him to drop his guard, make him drop it when it suits you. I might be talking bull**** so if so correct me, but that was my understanding

Comment

i pick my shots. i start off jabbing, moving around, a left hook there, straight right (to the plexus) to see how he reacts and build my offense from there.

Comment

thanks i get the feeling that i need to throw a few shots at his guard to open him up then put the combos in when hes open

Comment

Working...
                  X