No announcement yet.

Peek-A-Boo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peek-A-Boo

is peek a boo style works good for short boxers like tyson?
    im curious.. who here uses the peek a boo style? and how?

i used it on my brother and a friend of mine, i just half-crouched and kept my hands by my chin, and whenever they fired a punch id just throw my hands up....i found that it added an element of surprise to my punches and made feints easier...my brother is about 5'10 and 245 and i pummeled him, and my other friend is 6'2'' 175 who likes to move around a lot, and he kinda stayed glued to the floor. i felt like it helped me control the fight.

im only 5'6'', so its definitely a lot better than standing up straight.

Comment

i read somewhere that boxers who uses the peek a boo defence gases out too easily.. is that true?

Comment

i havent experienced that, but then again, ive never really had to go the distance....the way youre standing though, i can see how that might happen. whatever though, what good is extra gas gonna do you if youre getting tagged left and right?

Comment

Originally posted by phook
          i read somewhere that boxers who uses the peek a boo defence gases out too easily.. is that true?
          it's very true, fighters like frazier and tyson who had an unbelievable amount of stamina still tired it's the constant head bob and weave, it's alot on the neck, legs, and back and waist when your going down up side to side and throwing. Very hard to maintain 12 rounds I like to switch up styles to that for a few minutes because it's a press technique, great for inside fighters, hard to block becuase you dont know where the punches are coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by phook
            is peek a boo style works good for short boxers like tyson?
            im curious.. who here uses the peek a boo style? and how?
            It helps to have a lower center of gravity for peek a boo, ie being short legged. Usually short fighters with short reach have to fight inside so that is why tyson and frazier fought the way they did...

The peek a boo and what Frazier used, bob and weave is a little bit different.

Frazier used an old school bob and weave method. Mainly you use the torso to move the upper body to avoid punchs. You don't rely on the footwork to avoid punchs but upper body and head movement.

Tyson's peek a boo uses more ducking with legs to get under punch and little extra lateral movement and using footwork instead of using the torso to avoid punches.

What style do you don't get tired when boxing? All boxers get gassed even the all time greats. Matter of training and conditioning. James Toney is 5'9" and fights inside and med range a lot. He uses a tons of body movement and bob and weave and he doesn't get gassed a lot unless he didn't train. I seen the guy spar for more than 20 rounds.

Comment

i wanna learn that style.. im gonna learn to move then peek a boo then move.. but peek a boo makes me more shorter and i wont be able to see their face, is that bad?

Comment

i use that style im 5'7 160 with a tyson built and if u constantly look at your opponents threw your gloves when punching u wont have a problem

Comment

Hey, all I got to say is get in the ring and go with what works. I see guys all the time try to fight in some style that doesnot fit or doesn't work.

It's not the style, its the boxer that makes him succesful.

Comment

Working...
                  X