No announcement yet.

Frazier/Holyfield: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frazier/Holyfield: Who Wins?

This thread was inspired by the recent article on Joe Frazier. If I remember correctly, it mentioned that for Ali/Frazier I, Frazier weighed in at 205 lbs.

So, naturally, I thought of another (approximately) 205 lbs HW champion: Evander Holyfield.

So, here's my question: If prime HW Frazier (from Ali/Frazier I?) fought prime HW Holyfield (from Douglas/Dokes/Bowe I?), who wins?

And, what sort of fight do you think it'd be?

Originally posted by ZOSOOSOZ
    This thread was inspired by the recent article on Joe Frazier. If I remember correctly, it mentioned that for Ali/Frazier I, Frazier weighed in at 205 lbs.

So, naturally, I thought of another (approximately) 205 lbs HW champion: Evander Holyfield.

So, here's my question: If prime HW Frazier (from Ali/Frazier I?) fought prime HW Holyfield (from Douglas/Dokes/Bowe I?), who wins?

And, what sort of fight do you think it'd be?

The Fans.

But seriously, I'd have to favour Frazier...but just barely. Frazier would be putting constant pressure on Evander and Holy's instinct to stay and trade and knock him out would come into play...and work against him....see Holyfield-Cooper; and Cooper was a poor man's Frazier.

Joe by late round stoppage.

Comment

Frazier by late KO after a big war.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting. While most people would put Holyfield in the top 10 all time list, most people would favor Frazier in this fight(Like i've seen in similar threads). It would be a great fight since both fighters were warriors with the heart of a lion.

Frazier who fought Ali the first time was kinda similar to Tyson of 96/97. But i believe Frazier would win atleast 2 out of 3 times.

BTW, Frazier's real prime was in 71..

Comment

Holyfield has a warrior's heart and mentality unfortunately for Evander the 1971 Frazier did even more so with a fighting spirit that was unbreakable.

Frazier pursues and beats Holyfield on the inside although Holyfield would bring some strategy to deploy and attempt to nullify Frazier's inside game. Holyfield was a very adaptable fighter to different opponent's styles. Far more than he is ever given credit for.

Frazier has the the better stamina, harder punch and carries his power late in fights. A relentless Frazier fighting behind a concentrated body attack wears down Holyfield for a late TKO.

I can't think of too many better match-ups that I would want to see.

Comment

both these fighters had massive heart i think frazier would win, barely and both men would end up in hospital

Comment

Holyfeild would try to box Frazier but Frazier regardless would get in. Holyfeild having alot of heart would keep with the fight putting up a fight but ultimately it would end in a ko of Frazier in 10

Comment

Prime for Prime is hard to call, both were hungry fighters who had alot of pride. Frazier I think had a stronger punch, but holyfield had more overall power. Tough to say. I wish you people would stop making these fantasy threads cause it makes me depressed that we'll never see great fights like these. Oh well, back to masturbating

Comment

Frazier was nothing like Tyson. He was mentally strong and could deal with Holyfields strong resistance and headbutting, unlike tyson would consistently attack the body and break Holyfield down. Both men are warriors but i'd give it to Frazier in the latter rounds by TKO.

Comment

Prime Frazier beats prime holyfeild, though i think Holyfeilds ear would get the win over Frazier's mouth

Comment

Working...
                    X