Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There has not been a Lineal Heavyweight Champ for almost 10 years.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    which belt are we missing?

WBO? that wasn't classed as a real title until at least the mid 90's

if you are of the opinion Wlad is lineal, that's your opinion, mine is that he isn't, but can, and probably will be when he eventually mops up the WBC
    I'm going by cyberboxingzone and Boxingscene's Cliff Rold.

Comment

I think this version of Wlad beats any version of Vitali.

I don't take any from Wlad for not fighting his brother.

Comment

Fact is if we are considering Wladamir to have established linearity without beating a DOMINANT legitimate WBC champion then we are setting a dangerous precident imo.
        So not only does he need to beat the WBC Champion, but it has to be Vitali or else you will throw another asterisk on it and add to your imaginary list of requirements.

Insisting that not only does he have to beat the WBC Champ, but that it must be one that is "dominant" by your expert standard, is one of the most ridiculous things every posted in all seriousness on this site.

You're basically saying that if he has every single alphabet belt, plus the IBO and Ring he still won't be lineal champion for no reason other than he's Wlad Klitschko and you will never give him that credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          So not only does he need to beat the WBC Champion, but it has to be Vitali or else you will throw another asterisk on it and add to your imaginary list of requirements.

Insisting that not only does he have to beat the WBC Champ, but that it must be one that is "dominant" by your expert standard, is one of the most ridiculous things every posted in all seriousness on this site.

You're basically saying that if he has every single alphabet belt, plus the IBO and Ring he still won't be lineal champion for no reason other than he's Wlad Klitschko and you will never give him that credit.
          This!

Great post!

Comment

No.

I'm saying it makes it even WORSE that the holder of the WBC is a dominant HOF fighter. If it was povetkin or some scrub who was ducking him you could say it's not so bad. He just needs to get the title regardless.

Do you get it? There is another champion out there, on a killer run of devastating victories, who hasn't lost a round in 8 years, and until very recently was considered the better of the two H2H, yet we are just tossing linearity to Wladamir, because....

Maybe you should learn to interpret the written word correctly before babbling on.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              I think this version of Wlad beats any version of Vitali.

I don't take any from Wlad for not fighting his brother.

They're brothers, so it's to be expected.

Wladimir is great, no doubt; but I think Vitali of 2003/4 stops him. There's no escaping the fact that Wladimir has a glass chin. It's just that he's developed a good defence.

Relentless pressure from someone his own height and with good boxing attributes/skills would see it tested again, for sure.

Comment

No.

I'm saying it makes it even WORSE that the holder of the WBC is a dominant HOF fighter. If it was povetkin or some scrub who was ducking him you could say it's not so bad. He just needs to get the title regardless.

Do you get it? There is another champion out there, on a killer run of devastating victories, who hasn't lost a round in 8 years, and until very recently was considered the better of the two H2H, yet we are just tossing linearity to Wladamir, because....

Maybe you should learn to interpret the written word correctly before babbling on.

You do realize that Lewis did not beat the WBC Champion in the ring to win his first world title right?

Vitali will not fight Wlad, and Bowe would not fight Lewis. What's the difference?

You're ****ting on Wlad for not beating a dominant WBC Champion when Lewis never did himself. And both of them have perfectly good reasons for it. Though I am sure your response will be some dumb **** about being brothers not being as good an excuse. blah blah blah

When Lewis fought McCall for the VACANT WBC Title the 2nd time he won it, it was only because Mike Tyson vacated.

So Lewis fought twice for the WBC Title, nether time against the reigning "dominant" champ that you insist Wlad must beat.

You love Lewis because he's British, you don't like Wlad because you feel threatened because Lewis' resume is largely a joke itself.

Your thread is joke and reaks of ignorance of Lewis' own accomplishments.
                Last edited by Hitman932; 01-04-2013, 05:45 AM.

Comment

You do realize that Lewis did not beat the WBC Champion in the ring to win his first world title right?

Vitali will not fight Wlad, and Bowe would not fight Lewis. What's the difference?

You're ****ting on Wlad for not beating a dominant WBC Champion when Lewis never did himself. And both of them have perfectly good reasons for it. Though I am sure your response will be some dumb **** about being brothers not being as good an excuse. blah blah blah

You love Lewis because he's British, you don't like Wlad because you feel threatened because Lewis' resume is largely a joke itself.
                  No because Lewis became Lineal Champion by beating Briggs, who was the lineal champion, who beat foreman who was the lineal champion, who beat moorer, who beat bowe, who beat holyfield, who beat douglas, who beat tyson, who beat spinks, who beat holmes, who beat Ali.

Do you even understand what linearity is?

Dickhead.

Comment

No.

My scorecard of Vitali vs Chisora was 6 rounds to 5 for Klitschko with 1 round even. So I don't know how Vitali "didn't lose a round in 8 years". That is only true or almost true if you forget about the Chisora fight.

Comment

No because Lewis became Lineal Champion by beating Briggs, who was the lineal champion, who beat foreman who was the lineal champion, who beat moorer, who beat bowe, who beat holyfield, who beat douglas, who beat tyson, who beat spinks, who beat holmes, who beat Ali.

Do you even understand what linearity is?

Dickhead.
                      Was Roy Jones ever linear champion at LHW?

Comment

Working...
                      X