Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone ought to just drop a bomb on NSB, shouldn't they?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ALWAYS comes back to a "bias brit, u sed Frotch wun dat fite" comment.... Frotch wun no moar than 3 round's dat hole fite." And it's like...... Jesus wept up my arsehole. I agree. I think, at WORST, Andre Ward won that fight 8-4. But when they go to Jimmy Lennon Jr and he reads out the verdict, he doesn't say "ladies and gentlemen, we go to the scorecards.... Judge Anorak scored it...."

It's just ****ing OBVIOUS ****.

I just can't get my head round the ****er. "Froch couldn't be in a close fight with Ward." I know he probably couldn't, but at the same time, for two silly pricks, in what counts officially, he was.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      See, my argument was never with that point, in principle. But only when it's taken as a blanket statement. As a rough stat, let's say 70% of people who post in NSB are complete ****ing ******s. I'm being generous. Now let's say 20% of people who post in NSB have had one bout, even if it's an am bout. If you strike that up as a venn diagram, you're gonna have some correlation there... someone who's laced em up, but is ALSO a complete ****ing ******.
      Intersection, annie, intersection.

Comment

You sure, Pinger? Have I really ****ed up, or did you just watch an episode of Scooby Doo and your mouth started watering?

Comment

You sure, Pinger? Have I really ****ed up, or did you just watch an episode of Scooby Doo and your mouth started watering?
          Don't talk math next time, it's safer.

Comment

Go on, annie. I'm sorry for distracting your thoughts. I'm enjoying your rants.

Comment

I'm just about spent now. I'll go in there later and have another rant.

But here's a slice of tardness: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=572503

"Mares is top 5 P4P". You go in that thread, and, who knows, maybe it's an update on the Ring P4P rankings? But no. It's just some tard, saying just that. And no real elaboration.

See, this whole "P4P" concept gives me the ****s. It's just a HYPOTHETICAL CONCEPT, made up by boxing journalists, for FUN. Yet some ****ing arseholes out there take it so seriously that they even put it above the rankings. I swear to God, I've seen people in NSB say that a bout shouldn't take place because someone hasn't earned it in "P4P rankings". I've often gone in there, and, during Maiiii and Ping Ping bouts, asked if the P4P belt is on the line during the match. And 90% of people will answer it seriously.

Comment

Here we go, I've just dropped some smack in NSB. The deification of Ward is just getting ****ing ridiculous now. Don't get me wrong, he's good, but all he's done lately is outspeed Carl "Speedy Gonzales" Froch and then batter a completely weight-drained Chad Dawson. Anyone who refers to him as a "beast" with punching power that people "fear" deserves some smack:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=572522

Comment

Here, let's have some sarcasm, see how we get on with this, eh?:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...php?p=12687035

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    I think the bolded holds true for a lot of us, it certainly does with me.

Ironically enough, often times the 'debate' (if you could even label it that) that a NSB poster wants to have with you has nothing at all to do with your actual post.

Here's an example I'm sure many of you will nod your head in agreement with.

You go into NSB after a fight, and click on one of the 239 active threads discussing it. Once in the thread you post your thoughts on what went down.

Example :

Then, less than two minutes later, some rabid **** fan of the fighter whom you think will lose that potential fight responds to your post with something that doesn't even pertain to what you wrote - Typically bringing up a boxer you happen to support or have in your avatar/sig - Saying something like....

Or

As if the guy in your avatar or sig banner has anything to do whatsoever with the topic at hand.

It literally happens all the time, and it's why I simply refuse to discuss boxing here anymore. It's okay to be a fan of a certain fighter or style, but it's something else entirely to be so rabidly supportive of that fighter or style to the point where you become incoherent and simply attack everybody with a differing viewpoint when it comes to "your guy".

I mean, all of us know each other's favorite fighters : Reed's is Roy, Anorak's is Danny Williams, Mine is Hopkins, etc... But most of us "old school" users are a lot more honest about their abilities, and much more tolerant of conflicting opinions.

(Cue sarcastic post attacking a favorite fighter of mine.)
                    Try having Ricky Hatton in your sig

apparently you aren't allowed an opinion on anything then

Comment

I'm just about spent now. I'll go in there later and have another rant.

But here's a slice of tardness: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=572503

"Mares is top 5 P4P". You go in that thread, and, who knows, maybe it's an update on the Ring P4P rankings? But no. It's just some tard, saying just that. And no real elaboration.

See, this whole "P4P" concept gives me the ****s. It's just a HYPOTHETICAL CONCEPT, made up by boxing journalists, for FUN. Yet some ****ing arseholes out there take it so seriously that they even put it above the rankings. I swear to God, I've seen people in NSB say that a bout shouldn't take place because someone hasn't earned it in "P4P rankings". I've often gone in there, and, during Maiiii and Ping Ping bouts, asked if the P4P belt is on the line during the match. And 90% of people will answer it seriously.
                      Wait a minute it was during the pac-hatton bout if I remember right when people are saying that the p4p belt was on the line. I think it was suggested by ricky himself.

Go on annie. Don't mind me.

Comment

Working...
                      X