No announcement yet.

Boxing: aerobic or anaerobic?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing: aerobic or anaerobic?

This may seem a stupid question but is boxing aerobic or anaerobic? I think when doing it slowly is aerobic but when going at full speed it will be anaerobic?
    If so then it would mean going at full speed would also be counted as strengh training meaning anaerobic?
    Last edited by GhostFighter; 06-27-2010, 07:54 AM.

It's both.

And strength training =/= "anaerobic" training.

Comment

80 percent anaerobic

once or twice you should go for long runs and 3/4 times a week go for sprints,intervals

u get the idea

Comment

What are the aerobic parts of boxing? Is rope jumping at slow pace considered aerobic or anaerobic?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostFighter View Post
          What are the aerobic parts of boxing? Is rope jumping at slow pace considered aerobic or anaerobic?
          aerobic parts are like long steady pace jogging and swimming or cycling.

jump rope at a slow pace is definitely aerobic. anaerobic is basically high intensity stuff with a short rest and then do it over again

fore example, anaerobic may be a sprint for 1 minute and walk for 30 seconds and sprint for 1 minute.

and aerobic is a 5mile run at a medium pace

hope that helps

Comment

when your punching thats anerobic when your recovering thats arobic.

a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, neither is more important then the other.
            Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 06-27-2010, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Are you talking about boxing or boxing training? they're two different things.

eitehr way both of them make use of both anaerobic and aerobic pathways.

Comment

Am i doing running with HIT and doing it anaerobicly if i sprint for 20 seconds fast as i can then stand still and rest for a minute and repeat for 30 minutes total?
                Last edited by GhostFighter; 06-27-2010, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Am i doing running with HIT and doing it anaerobicly if i sprint for 20 seconds fast as i can then stand still and rest for a minute and repeat for 30 minutes total?
                  sprint 20 seconds

rest 10 seconds by walking or either jogging, repeat that until 30minutes is correct

Comment

Shouldn't sprint as fast as you cn, should be about 80% of your maximum.

Should start on 15 second spring with one minute rests, working up in 15 seconds and down 15 seconds in the recovery (this is over weeks though).

General consensus is you shouldn't do more than 8-12 minutes of sprint training.

And you won't get close to thirty anyway, stat with 5 sprints and work from there.

Comment

Working...
                    X