No announcement yet.

Amir Khan V Kendall Holt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan V Kendall Holt

Instead of a pointless matchup of Khan-Katsidis or Khan-Morales, Khan-Holt would be the better fight. I feel Khan will get alot of criticism if he gets a lightweight to move up to superlight weight to fight for his WBA Superlight weight title.

This will be a hard fight to make: Khan is promoted by Golden Boy and Holt by Bob Arum, Holt last fought on 2010-02-27 which he lost, But should still be able to make weight and prepare for a 31 July bout.

I feel Holts power is somewhat over rated, Thats not to say he is pillow fisted but he is no Marcos Maidana. Im unsure how he will deal with Khans speed but he is a seasoned world class fighter that deserves another shot at a world title, He is also a year younger than Malignaggi at 28.

My question is would you rather Khan-Holt or a pointless matchup/tune up with an inflated lightweight like Katsidis? For me I would much rather see him fight Holt.

But who takes it? Khan or Holt? Your views!

***MAIDANA IS INJURED AND WONT BE FIGHTING***
    Khan UD
    31.43%
    Khan TKO/KO
    34.29%
    Holt UD
    0.00%
    Holt TKO/KO
    34.29%
    Last edited by Hard Boiled; 05-20-2010, 07:20 PM.

I think Khan is overall the better fighter. I think he has more skills.

However, stylistically IMO Holt bring some major problems for Khan. I think Holt wins because of the styles.

Comment

Holt looked awful in his last fight but if he lands the punch he landed on Bradley, it will be over quicker than you can take your pants off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
        Instead of a pointless matchup of Khan-Katsidis or Khan-Morales, Khan-Holt would be the better fight. I feel Khan will get alot of criticism if he gets a lightweight to move up to superlight weight to fight for his WBA Superlight weight title.

This will be a hard fight to make: Khan is promoted by Golden Boy and Holt by Bob Arum, Holt last fought on 2010-02-27 which he lost, But should still be able to make weight and prepare for a 31 July bout.

I feel Holts power is somewhat over rated, Thats not to say he is pillow fisted but he is no Marcos Maidana. Im unsure how he will deal with Khans speed but he is a seasoned world class fighter that deserves another shot at a world title, He is also a year younger than Malignaggi at 28.

My question is would you rather Khan-Holt or a pointless matchup/tune up with an inflated lightweight like Katsidis? For me I would much rather see him fight Holt.

But who takes it? Khan or Holt? Your views!

Holt is faster than Khan, mark my words.

He is also a sneaky puncher and can walk you onto counters, he would give Khan some issues stylistically, he certainly has the power to put Khan away.

Id love to see this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_London View Post
          Holt looked awful in his last fight but if he lands the punch he landed on Bradley, it will be over quicker than you can take your pants off.
          I was thinking the same thing. I still don't know how the hell Bradley got up from that. Dude was literally lifted off the ground.

Comment

Holt is nothing in the division, Katsidis would be a 10x better win.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
              I was thinking the same thing. I still don't know how the hell Bradley got up from that. Dude was literally lifted off the ground.
              Holt did drop Bradley very heavily, But Bradley is a very small fighter even for a superlight weight he is very small. Holt is much taller and I think his jab will probably be better than Khans jab.

Roach said Khan has a DLH style jab, But Holt is a big Superlight weight. It would be an excellent match up. That being said I disagree Holt can match Khan in speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_London View Post
                Yes, I like Holt and a still a fan but he looked very bad against someone he should have handled well.

Until he can come back and prove he can still be a player at the top of the 140lb division I wouldn't want to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
                  Holt is nothing in the division, Katsidis would be a 10x better win.
                  Holt is a former world champion at 140lbs and even fought in a unification bout which he lost, But Katsidis? He has never been a full world champion from what I know only ever a Interim champion.

Khan > Malignaggi > Juan Diaz > Katsidis > Mitchell

Its mostly the British who want to see him in a pointless match up with Katsidis because he blew Mitchell out of the water. Khan should stick to fighting superlight weights and defend his title against former world champions. Unless he gets a fight with Marquez.

Fighting Katsidis is a backward step for Khan, But lets stick to topic and talk about Khan V Holt.

Comment

IMO i think its a step down if he faces Katsidis..Holt has not been impressive lately but does match up to Khan with size and reach, plus Holt does have good punching power, Holt vs Khan would be nice, or even Khan vs Peterson would be even better...

Comment

Working...
                    X