Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only person I think that can give GSP trouble at WW....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only person I think that can give GSP trouble at WW....

Nick is on par or better than GSP standing and I don't thing Georges has fought someone with Nick's level of BJJ besides Penn. Nick is bigger and stronger than Penn though so I don't think GSP would be able to pass his guard so easily. I'm not saying Nick would win, but I think he has a better shot than anyone else....

Nick is a beast. I'd like to see him back in the UFC, fighting GSP.

Comment

I actually think Daily may have a shot if he can manage to keep it on the feet enough (a big if). He has a big test though in Kos. which should answer some questions in the regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
        I actually think Daily may have a shot if he can manage to keep it on the feet enough (a big if). He has a big test though in Kos. which should answer some questions in the regard.
        Daily has about as good of a chance as Hardy had. If Kos, Fitch, or Penn can't stop a GSP takedown Daily has no chance and his BJJ is crap....

Comment

I think Nick has a shot at beating GSP, anyone know when his Strikeforce deal ends

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            Daily has about as good of a chance as Hardy had. If Kos, Fitch, or Penn can't stop a GSP takedown Daily has no chance and his BJJ is crap....
            I completely disagree with the Hardy comparison. Daley is far more dangerous on the feet and may be the most dangerous striker in the UFC. I'm not talking about stopping takedowns for 5 rounds, just finding the space to land strikes. Daley has 18 KOs in 23 wins, which is almost unheard of. He's also continued to improve his takedown defense. I'm not predicting that Daley would win by any means, but I'm saying he would be dangerous, that is if he can manage to get passed Koschek. Kos. should be considered the favorite in that one too, but if he can manage to keep Kos. off enough to land strikes and earn a victory he will have to be considered a threat to GSP.
            Last edited by Drunken Cat; 03-29-2010, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Don't know. I think the Zaromskis fight flattered Nick on the stand up. Zaromskis has good stand up but his defence is all over the place and trust me I train the same gym as him. I think GSP's stand up is far superior, Nick has top BJJ but so did BJ.

Comment

Don't think nick would ever go back to the UFC. though i would love to see it. He doesnt like to follow the rules.

Comment

Couldn't agree more about this thread, although I don't think this fight will ever happen.

Daley is a better fighter than Dan Hardy on the standup. Please don't compare the both.

Comment

Did Nick leave the UFC or did they kick him out?

Comment

Working...
                    X