Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you rate Fritzie Zivic's career and resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you rate Fritzie Zivic's career and resume?

Fritzie Zivic is largely known for being one of the dirtiest fighters ever. His accomplishments and resume are pretty impressive though. How would you grade them overall?
    A+
    0.00%
    A
    25.00%
    A-
    25.00%
    B+
    12.50%
    B
    25.00%
    B-
    0.00%
    C+
    0.00%
    C
    0.00%
    C-
    0.00%
    D and under
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

rough, tough cookie who fought everybody in a great era of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      rough, tough cookie who fought everybody in a great era of boxing

He had a lot of losses, but he had some huge wins as well. He really did take on everybody. His resume has to rate with many of the best resumes all time.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        [/B]

He had a lot of losses, but he had some huge wins as well. He really did take on everybody. His resume has to rate with many of the best resumes all time.
        yes i agree with you, i have a couple of Zivic fights on VHS he really was a great fighter and as you say he beat many great fighters like Armstrong, Cochrane, LaMotta & Burley to name but a few.

Comment

One of the great records all-time in terms of opposition faced. Two of the old-timers I'm more fascinated by are Mickey Walker and Fritzie Zivic. Both guys faced the absolute best out there.

Zivic came from a fighting family and you could tell that the guy came up rough by how he fought in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            [/B]

Agreed.
            Don't forget to throw Billy Conn, Beau Jack, Lew Jenkins, Ambers etc etc in too Sonnyboy!
            Similar to De La Hoya in that he might not have won them all but it is hard finding a fighter he didn't fight.
            Pretty much a right of passage for any fighter in the 30's and 40's was to have Zivic rubbing the laces of his glove down the cut he had opened by a headbutt

Comment

i voted A
              guy pretty much fought everyone worth fighting of the era,got too be highly respected

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                Agreed.
                Don't forget to throw Billy Conn, Beau Jack, Lew Jenkins, Ambers etc etc in too Sonnyboy!
                Similar to De La Hoya in that he might not have won them all but it is hard finding a fighter he didn't fight.
                Pretty much a right of passage for any fighter in the 30's and 40's was to have Zivic rubbing the laces of his glove down the cut he had opened by a headbutt
                lol hey, the guy in your AV and the guy in my Av fought!!

my guy lost unfortunately : (

Comment

I'd say a B.

Don't get me wrong, he has victories over amazing opponents but he also has losses to amazing opponents. He also had too many losses at the end of his career and that left a big stain, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                  X