Styles make fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Styles make fights

A random thought from my tired brain.

It seems a lot of people think Silva facing Yoshida is unfair because the general consensus is that he'll get a TKO in a couple minutes, while Rampage and Liddell will have a longer fight. Therefore, unfair. What if Silva wasn't in the GP at all, and Arona was there instead having to face Yoshida. Most people would probably consider this fair now because these guys are both good grapplers and it could easily go the distance in a hard fight; like the other fight, even though Yoshida would still be fighting. The winner of the Rampage vs Liddell fight would probably even get an advantage out of this(This fight could go to a decision, one of the others gets a knockout), would that be unfair now?

Bottom line, tournaments aren't "fair", and why does the fact that Silva is fighting as opposed to a guy like Arona make things unfair for Rampage or Liddell? They're both one man, and both very good fighters....styles make fights, it shouldn't matter.

true true

*waiting for kaps Silva hating*

Comment

*Fills in for Kaps*

Comment

*Kaps does a better job hating Silva then Bzob*

Comment

Its ****ing obvious that Pride is protecting there "Champ" like they always have.......

Comment

Its not the fact that Silva is facing the weakest fighter. Hell, he is the champ after all....and if your going by seeds the matches make sense. I just don't feel Yoshida should be in the tournement at all. Randleman or someone along that line would of been a much better choice

Comment

I dont care too much about whos facing who
              The best man will win
              If Yoshida can't beat Silva then - Silvas the better fighter

Lightwieght - good post

Comment

Well no **** Chris. Thank you for pointing out the obvious. Now look across at the other bracket. Liddell Vs. Rampage is going to end 1 of 2 ways, Liddell by KO or Rampage by Decision. Unless Liddell can KO him quickly, which I doubt, it looks like these guys are in for atleast 2 rounds which means we will have a tired Rampage or Liddell vs a fresh Silva. Anybody who thinks Yoshida is going to give Silva problems is ******ed, especially Silva fans like Lightweight. I would love for Yoshida to GI choke Silva but we all know that aint gonna happen. Silva will win in the first and be fresh for the final against a tired fighter. More of Prides bull****.....

Comment

Was that enough hate for you guys?

Comment

hahahah well said kaps.

Comment

Working...
                    X