Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale Praying Carl Froch Faces Him in The Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If DeGale wants a shot at Froch then he has to earn it. At the moment he hasn't done enough to deserve that fight.

Comment

DeGale grabbin' some headlines by mentioning Cobra and S.O.G.

Comment

DeGale seemed to put himself up against the ropes in his last few fights, thats would be suicide agaisnt someone like Froch. That said, that fight isn't going to happen anytime soon as DeGale isn't even on Froch's radar at present.

That said, im looking forward to seeing DeGale over the next 18 months. Hes been rebuilding abit since his defeat to Groves, but he's a good fighter IMO and id love to see a DeGale Vs Groves rematch somewhere down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Man so much hate for Degale, hes a prospect who wants to eventually fight the top guys in the division... kind of like every prospect ever.

He's working his way up the right way even if he is having some tougher than expected fights.
          No hate, i dont mind his style or him for that matter. Pretty good boxer imo, makes it a tad more exiting to watch him and he has seemed to throw with more spite recently, i think he's 'sorting his left hand out power wise' (maybe its due to oppositions level you could fairly argue though), just stating what would probably happen should he encounter Cobra imo. You can argue he's still 'prospect level' i suppose.

But personally i don't think he'll develop style/skill/strength wise too much more from what he is now, ultimately though he thinks his defense is better than what it really is, that'll **** him over again one day, watch.
          Last edited by RightJab; 02-19-2013, 01:51 PM. Reason: ****ed

Comment

Originally posted by RightJab View Post
            No hate, i dont mind his style or him for that matter. Pretty good boxer imo, makes it a tad more exiting to watch him and he has seemed to throw with more spite recently, i think he's 'sorting his left hand out power wise' (maybe its due to oppositions level you could fairly argue though), just stating what would probably happen should he encounter Cobra imo. You can argue he's still 'prospect level' i suppose.

But personally i don't think he'll develop style/skill/strength wise too much more from what he is now, ultimately though he thinks his defense is better than what it really is, that'll **** him over again one day, watch.
            yeah thats fair, i was kindof replying to comments in another thread aswell subconciously i think.

I think his opposition has actually improved but the style is better suited for him, if that makes any sense... So hes fighting better guys but they seem to be come forward pressure guys which suits his style so i can see where you are coming from.

I do also think that Froch/Ward would batter him atm, but he isnt calling him out now. He said he wants to eventually fight him... which i see as normal comment to make for a guy on the way up.

Comment

Degale used to be my top prospect, too bad he's all talk at this point

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                yeah thats fair, i was kindof replying to comments in another thread aswell subconciously i think.

I think his opposition has actually improved but the style is better suited for him, if that makes any sense... So hes fighting better guys but they seem to be come forward pressure guys which suits his style so i can see where you are coming from.

I do also think that Froch/Ward would batter him atm, but he isnt calling him out now. He said he wants to eventually fight him... which i see as normal comment to make for a guy on the way up.
                Yup pretty much agree, but that overall defense, it'll let him down again, at whatever level it may be "he mentally seems to think his defense really is better than what it is in physical form"
                It'll sodomize him at some point, i don't think he'll 'out-learn' that mentally.....

Comment

I suspect he might have a decent beard though, that'll help. But thats where supreme fitness comes in, i feel he hasnt got that now, and in future? Well its not like he's gong to be triple even double as fit as he is now, ever.
                  And in his last 3-4 fights has seemed 'lazy' in periods, i don't think he's 'being clever and boxing and ****" in these periods, he's desperately trying to knick a breather it visually seems if you watch his face, i reckon he is a "gasser" if such term exists. i'm mad.
                  Last edited by RightJab; 02-19-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Yup pretty much agree, but that overall defense, it'll let him down again, at whatever level it may be "he mentally seems to think his defense really is better than what it is in physical form"
                    It'll sodomize him at some point, i don't think he'll 'out-learn' that mentally.....
                    Yeah his defense is a strange one. I think he has all the attributes to have a decent defense, but just doesnt seem to get it right. I think as others have said (either here or in the Ward one) he needs to change trainers and get a more technical guy on his side.

I suspect he might have a decent beard though, that'll help.
                    Everything ive seen suggests he has a good chin yes.

Anywho Farias next should be a good test for him, if he gets through, fights against established top 10 guys needs to happen (talking Abraham, Bika, Rodriguez, Stieglitz), then (should he come through) prospect fights against guys on the verge of challenging for titles (Stevenson or Oosthuizen), then call out titlists. He gets great exposure now on C5 so getting the lesser known guys to fight him shouldnt be a problem.

Comment

Just because a guy sits on the ropes against a certain type of opponent doesn't necessarily mean that he's going to do the same exact thing in all of his future fights.The guy's that he's been doing that against are boxers who's power he obviously doesn't respect, and he's not been doing bad by sitting and countering off the ropes, either.Think he works better at the centre of the ring and at range, but, hey, it's always nice to have some extra dimensions to your game.

He's still a better talent than Groves from what I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X