Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao SHOULD NOT Return to Boxing. What Do You Think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao SHOULD NOT Return to Boxing. What Do You Think?

He has an X on him. Everyone wants to beat him for a name, there's really no one else for him to fight unless Mayweather for fun, and there's really nothing else for him to accomplish.

If he comes back it's like the old has beens who shouldn've known their time was past

Actually, I don't think Pacquaio ever HAS returned to boxing. He should have stayed dedicated to the sport.

For a long time he's been a congressman/singer/Jesus freak/basketball player/boxer.

Comment

He still has a bit of some left in him. I'd say he could probably fight 3-4 times more, he was impressive in the III Bout with Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by hardboiled777 View Post
        He has an X on him. Everyone wants to beat him for a name, there's really no one else for him to fight unless Mayweather for fun, and there's really nothing else for him to accomplish.

If he comes back it's like the old has beens who shouldn've known their time was past
        Meh, that's fine. Why not book him against someone like...I don't know...John Ruiz?

Seems like the popular thing to be doing these days - booking fights with total weight mismatches.

Comment

That's the way boxing is supposed to go. The new guy comes along and beats the old guy. Too bad Mayweather and Pacquiao ran away making sure they fought the likes of Berto and Bradley Part XXVIII before they left instead of real competition.

Comment

I agree. He's done all he came to do and went above and beyond expectations. Best to leave on a win.

Of course, fighters leaving on a good win rarely happens.

Comment

Nope. Let him rule the Philippines with an iron fist.

He has nothing left to prove, one of the greatest to ever do it

Comment

As much as I want to say "no" because of how it potentially affects his boxing legacy, the reality is that if you can make several million for a couple months work, how do you say no?
                Aside from obvious exceptions, he's usually not talking a lot of damage so I can't condemn him if he decides to return.

Comment

Originally posted by JJRalkman View Post
                  That's the way boxing is supposed to go. The new guy comes along and beats the old guy. Too bad Mayweather and Pacquiao ran away making sure they fought the likes of Berto and Bradley Part XXVIII before they left instead of real competition.
                  Agree but I think it's not their fault other guys just aren't that good to take their crowns or are impressive enough that fans demand these fights.

I know guys are protected and all, but the overall quality coming from the amateurs has seriously declined so there are less people fighting and less talent coming through the ranks so these guys can keep getting checks despite declining.

Mayweather doesn't even have to be at the top of his game to beat guys and he's damn near 40. Pac stopped being a killer yet is still being competitive when he's clearly lost a lot and is strictly in it for a fat check as well.

I think it speaks to the lack of depth of talent more than guys being pampered and protected.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    the reality is that if you can make several million for a couple months work, how do you say no?
                    Aside from obvious exceptions, he's usually not talking a lot of damage so I can't condemn him if he decides to return.
                    Dude is a SENATOR lol, he should have better things to do. I'm sure it distracts somewhat. Also at some point unless you're a greedy son of a ***** money is not the end all be all. People CREATE their purpose, if they're smart it's not about because guess what you ain't taking **** when you die. It's like what the movie Fight Club states if you worship material things, they end up OWNING YOU. YOU work for those things putting time and money to upkeep and for WHAT?!! NOTHING because material things can't be taken with us, and it's only our CREATIVE works that influence and make a difference to the world at some point. Obviously he's past that point as a multi millionaire

Comment

Working...
                    X