No announcement yet.

I'm not sold on Marquez....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
    Its a tough call on either fights between this guys, they are similar in a lot of ways but i think Marquez sets apart from them in his technical style, n to actually kno the winner we would of had to have the fights
    i agree very much. it would've been awesome to see this prime for prime.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Barrera prime vs JMM now or a few years back? Hmmm, tough fight but I have JMM winning with his counter punching.

Barrera's style is tailor made for JMM if you think about it. I think Morales vs JMM would have been a much better fight..
    you may be right, as far as style matchup maybe. With bareera being so agreesive with a GREAT chin, i dunno how marquez would hold up man, arghhhhh!!!! I'm sticking to my thoughts lol...

Khan I think beats JMM because he's bigger, longer and faster. JMM of course hangs in there with him and anything can happen but I don't think style wise that's a good fight for JMM..
    thank you. I was also thinking this. I was saying that Khan would cruise to a UD, but the clown on top of your post thought differently. and even went as far as saying that I was trying to make Garcia "look better" smh....

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      You're arguing in hypothetical's, I don't know if that would be true. JMM was a late bloomer, he really didn't come into his own until his 30's and up.

There's a reason Barrera and Morales had tougher fights and opponents. It's also not like JMM schooled Barrera when they finally fought, it was a good tough fight I had JMM winning but it wasn't like he KO'd him or embarrassed him.
      While you might think that the version of Marquez that fought Barrera was better than the younger version, I would disagree. He was not as exciting but was very technical and counter punched a lot more. He was not as aggressive and did not take as much risks. Against Barrera, Marquez fought reckless at time because he wanted to prove that Barrera could not hurt him and that he was better than Barrera. As you saw it worked against him and Barrera used it to his advantage, that's why that fight was very even.
      The younger version of Marquez would of fought more cautious and more technical.

Comment

You're just mad cause Marquez knocked your hero smooth the fuck out!

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
          Mayweather and many other fighters that people claim duck have been fighting since they were in their early teens but people still think they duck

Doesn't matter how long they been fighting because most really successful pros have been fighting since early teens (doesn't matter if pro or amateur)

Saying that Barrera and Morales would duck nobody.. Barrera lost brutally to Pacquiao and wanted a rematch.. thats enough proof he would duck nobody

Marquez is a far better fighter than Morales and Barrera from what he's done recently .. its amazing to say the least
          Mayweather shouldn't be mentioned in that matter because he truned pro much later than those two guys and didnt/doesn't get hit like they did.

SELF PRESERVATION. Barrera and Morales had none, and thank god cuz they gave us the best trilogy ever. And still physically and mentally healthy.

It's like Calzaghe, wasted the first 10 years of his career till he fought a credible opponent. He could've turned pro at 15, but made his money later in his career cuz of self preservation a la floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
            You're just mad cause Marquez knocked your hero smooth the fuck out!
            you're an idiot.... gtfoh.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
              you may be right, as far as style matchup maybe. With bareera being so agreesive with a GREAT chin, i dunno how marquez would hold up man, arghhhhh!!!! I'm sticking to my thoughts lol...

thank you. I was also thinking this. I was saying that Khan would cruise to a UD, but the clown on top of your post thought differently. and even went as far as saying that I was trying to make Garcia "look better" smh....
              Well I don't know if I'm right, just giving my opinion based on what truth and logic I can put together. I do think you severely underestimate JMM though. Think about how good of a boxer Cotto is and how after about the 4th round, Pac had his way with him.

Now think of how JMM figured him out as the fight went longer, that's a master counter puncher at work man.

As far as Khan, I stick by that. Style wise just bad for JMM. He's also bigger than him and that would play into it.

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
              While you might think that the version of Marquez that fought Barrera was better than the younger version, I would disagree. He was not as exciting but was very technical and counter punched a lot more. He was not as aggressive and did not take as much risks. Against Barrera, Marquez fought reckless at time because he wanted to prove that Barrera could not hurt him and that he was better than Barrera. As you saw it worked against him and Barrera used it to his advantage, that's why that fight was very even.
              The younger version of Marquez would of fought more cautious and more technical.
              Well we have to disagree because Marquez later on was a clearly better fighter IMO. He wasn't the technical fighter he is now and that's by Nacho's and his won words. He's really worked on his craft and has been able to balance aggression with timing which is very hard to do.

I don't think if JMM, Morales or Barrera ever fought each other in any order, if any of them would be cautious. Some of the best fights in the history of the sport has been between great Mexican fighters because they aren't fighting cautious, they are letting it all hang out. Any of them would throw boxing out the window and get down and dirty, just like Morales did vs Barrera on 3 occasions. Too much pride man...

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
                don't take the troll route to the discussion, look at it for the truth.

You do realize barrera and Morales were probably pros since like the age of like 16 or whatnot, by the age of 30 which they were close to, they had to be thinking money.

Look at Morales now, he's like 36 and is shot to ****.

Bottom line being how dare you say these dudes would duck somebody? they didn't.

Troll route? You the one that said the fights didn't make sence cuz there was no money in it.... that's a straight duck move...Mayweather type shyt.

Bottom line is there was a lot of people that wanted to see those fights at 126. Morales and Barrera were 26 and 27 years old when they were fighting at featherweight they still had plenty of years to "think money"

Comment

everytime i read i feel like Ts is making Marquez a prospect . Marquez already solified his ATG career status. If you shouldnt be sold on someone it should be someone like broner

Comment

Yeah, I said it before, his resume other than Pacquiao is really one based on names of has beens mostly.

I also said he would be an automatic HoF if he beat Pacquiao at 40 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                      everytime i read i feel like Ts is making Marquez a prospect . Marquez already solified his ATG career status. If you shouldnt be sold on someone it should be someone like broner
                      damn bro you're taking this a little too much to heart dont u think.

How can i be trying to make him seem like a prospect if I'm comparing him to another Mexican hall of famer? I haven't discredited much, just the fact that I thought/think Barrera would beat him in his prime.

that is all.

Comment

Working...
                      X