Firas Zahabi: 'I'd Want Georges St. Pierre to Move Down to 155'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firas Zahabi: 'I'd Want Georges St. Pierre to Move Down to 155'

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/10/2...ahabi-mma-news

"Well to be honest with you, I have recommended to Georges, you know...the only reason I don't recommend it now is because Frankie Edgar is the champion, but I'd want him to move down to 155 if Frankie was not the champion. Obviously we're part of the Renzo Gracie team and we'd never fight Frankie Edgar, because obviously we're all Renzo Gracie fighters. But if it wasn't the case, you know, I'd rather him go down to 155 because Georges is not a very big welterweight. People might think he is, he's actually not very big. And him making 170 is extremely easy for him.

Honestly, it's probably one of the easiest weight cuts from all that I coach, and I coach a lot of professional fighters. Georges making 170 is getting a little too easy for him, so I'd recommend to him in the future, who knows what the cards hold, but if we don't have a team member that's champion or anything like that, I would recommend him to go down first before going up."

lol. GSP is a huge WW. He is bigger than just about everyone besides Anthony Johnson. Dude is 5'10"(if you play sports, you'll know they always add an inch) and walks around 205+. GSP would have to kill himself to get to 155. Way too much muscle to lose.

But I don't see why he wouldn't fight Edgar. I mean, they really aren't in the same camp. One is Greg Jackson based and branches out for help. The other is Renzo Gracie dominant.

Comment

That's ******ed.

If he can take his opponents down with ease and hold them there, how is he too small for 170?

I've never seen any opponent of his impose their size on him.

GSP has been cutting to 170 for years and he's very accustomed to it. He seemed like a smaller Welter back in the day, but he's definitely put a lot of muscle on himself in recent memory.

It's too late and too much for GSP to even think about dropping to 155.

Comment

WTF, lmao.

Is Georges going to cut off a leg or something?

Comment

In other words ..... they want nothing to do with the Middlewight division and Anderson Silva.

Him making 155 is BS, because GSP walks around at 193-195 in between fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Und1sputed619 View Post
            In other words ..... they want nothing to do with the Middlewight division and Anderson Silva.

Him making 155 is BS, because GSP walks around at 193-195 in between fights.

I remember watching a video where he said he was 200+ but he wasn't preparing for a fight or anything.

Comment

this is bull ****. any big fight we want to see the UFC has to downplay that **** on tv. Look when everyone wanted to see GSP vs Silva, They kept emphasizing that GSP is 100 lbs lighter than big bad Silva and it would be a mis match. Look when we wanted Jon Jones vs Silva and on UFC Central they downplayed it some more and Jon Jones talking how he shouldnt be described in the same sentance as Anderson. But why does Yushin or Chael get to fight him over Jon jones? Who has accomplished more? Jon Jones has. Won the title at such a young age and defended it. They dont want their cash cows GSP v Anderson Silva v Jon Jones ever facing eachother.

Instead they cram this bull **** down our throats like GSP Condit and Anderson vs Okami and Jones vs Rampage all mis matches. We will never get to see any superfight and thats why I dont buy their PPV anymore. **** it! Im pissed off. Boxing too im sick of all the good fights never ever happening.

Comment

You gotta be joking they guy cuts 18-22 for every fight how could he ever get there?

Comment

Working...
                X