Rogerio Nogueira: ‘They Worship The Takedowns A Lot’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogerio Nogueira: ‘They Worship The Takedowns A Lot’

http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.c...kedowns-a-lot/

“Actually, UFC is different than Pride. They worship the takedowns a lot , but the guys don’t do much on the floor and don’t even try to submit of knock us out. What happened was that he kept trying to take me down and I wanted to keep the fight standing up, to get the knockout. I have to improve to fight like I used to fight on Pride, that is something everyone can tell, I have to improve my takedown game, and keep me standing up or, in case I go to the floor, I have to try to fall on top of the guys to pass their guard and try to submit them. When they’re on top you.”

ULTIMATE WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIPS

with a little striking sometimes...

UFC is doin it to themselves, they trashed on boxing for being boring but now even MMA fans on other forums are turnin on the sport lol There's only a few exciting fighters now

Comment

I agree the rules favor wrestlers too much in UFC. All guys like GSP, do is hug and pray.

Comment

Except it isn't The UFC that's favoring wrestlers.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
          I agree the rules favor wrestlers too much in UFC. All guys like GSP, do is hug and pray.
          GSP is NOT a wrestler, funny people think that just cuz Joe Rogan said so hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
            GSP's martial arts talents are 1.Karate 2. jiu-jitsu

He has only started wrestling in the last couple of years. Guys like Koscheck, Hughes and Fitch have actually competed in wrestling tournaments for years and its their base style, yet GSP dominated them on the ground. In most cases I hate the ground and pound style, but in GSP's case, it is impressive to see a guy dominate others at their own game.

Comment

They do it to keep the mostly white American wrestlers at the top of the heap. Can't have the assortment of Brazilian jujitsu technicians and superior strikers to actually rule the UFC or it'll become too diverse and lose its mainstream push in America.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                They do it to keep the mostly white American wrestlers at the top of the heap. Can't have the assortment of Brazilian jujitsu technicians and superior strikers to actually rule the UFC or it'll become too diverse and lose its mainstream push in America.
                I am an American and I would take a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu expert or striker over any boring American wrestler any day of the week.

Comment

A takedown should score you as much points as a clean jab. If you do absolutely nothing on the ground after securing a takedown besides rubbing against your opponent, then that should take points away from you since you were in the dominant position and you were absolutely neutralized by the man on his back.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                    But the people who made the rules and judge are from boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X