No announcement yet.

Armageddon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armageddon?

All the conflict in the Middle East, the tension in the Far East, Nostadomus's prediction of the World Trade Center bombing (it was abstract; but could be construed that he meant New York and hence, the WTC), and the Papal prophecies concerning the next pope being the Anti-Christ by the name of "Peter the Roman".

Is this it; are we really that close, or is it all just business as usual on Planet Earth?

The world's been through worse than this.

If you're talking about a Biblical armageddon, it's blasphemous to even speculate.

If you're talking about a potential nuclear war to wipe out all of humanity, I'd say you're premature.

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933
      The world's been through worse than this.

If you're talking about a Biblical armageddon, it's blasphemous to even speculate.

If you're talking about a potential nuclear war to wipe out all of humanity, I'd say you're premature.
      Blasphemus? My understanding of "blasphemy" is that it essentially means...to say that the Holy Spirit is evil. I haven't done that; I merely posing a question for speculation. There's nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
        Blasphemus? My understanding of "blasphemy" is that it essentially means...to say that the Holy Spirit is evil. I haven't done that; I merely posing a question for speculation. There's nothing wrong with that.
        I'm thinking of the verse that says in summary that no man knows when the time will come; to suggest that you can predict it would be in conflict with that...

Didn't say it was wrong, just giving a couple different perspectives

Comment

Read the bible : revelations

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt
            Read the bible : revelations
            The modern "Left Behind" trend in thinking is fairly new and not entirely biblical...

The interpretation of Revelation is also something that is controversial among biblical and historical scholars.

Comment

I'm thinking of the verse that says in summary that no man knows when the time will come; to suggest that you can predict it would be in conflict with that...

Didn't say it was wrong, just giving a couple different perspectives

Oh, okay. Yeah, even Jesus said he didn't know "what hour" that he would return. I'm primarily speaking of the possibility of events leading up to it.

Comment

have you the revelations K-dog?

Comment

The modern "Left Behind" trend in thinking is fairly new and not entirely biblical...

The interpretation of Revelation is also something that is controversial among biblical and historical scholars.
                  Yeah, Revalations is a fascinating intrepretive read. The key, if there is one, I think, is to compare some of the phraseology throughout the Bible for specific interpretations. For example, if A=B in the Book of Exodus or Deutoronomy, then A=B in Revelations.

The last time I read it I had a better understanding of the outline than I did years ago; but realized to make a "more accurate" analysis, more study was required of the other books. I'm still working on that part.

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt
                    have you the revelations K-dog?
                    Yup; and Old and New Testamenst, "The Other Bible", "Lost Books of the Bible", "101 Myths of the Bible", The Quaran, "God is Red: a Native American perspective on religion", "The Four Truths" by the Dali Lama.....and more theological books than I can count.

Comment

Working...
                    X