No announcement yet.

Uppercut bag and double end bag videos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uppercut bag and double end bag videos

I have been back in the gym for 7 months after gaining a lot of weight after being injured and being on sleeping pills. Lost about 40 pounds in those seven months. Once i get down to 250 i'll probably be looking to have a few fights.

Here's me on one of the uppercut bags at the gym.

And here's a crappy cellphone vid of me on the double end bag some months back.

I'm open to comments, tips and criticism but keep in mind that if you train out of your mother's basement i won't really listen to what you say.

Your guard is too low (y) also make sure your bringing your hands back to your chin or your just wide open for a number of counter shots.

Good hand eye co-ordination on the 2nd vid tho

Comment

You lift your elbow when you jab; keep it down. You do the same thing when you throw your left hand. Just shoot it. Don't pick the elbow up and aim it.
      When you throw your right hook and/or uppercuts, your weight stays on your right foot and it seems as if your left heel comes up off the floor. ( I can't see it, but you lean up like it does). When you throw those punches, to get your weight turned, you want the weight to shift onto your left leg. That will also improve your next punch, the left hand, because you will then be able to transfer the weight forward.

Comment

My heel definitely does not come off the floor when i throw my left. And this is a 80 pounds bag, i use it to work on speed and distance mostly, i don't try to punch a hole through it.

And i do keeps my hands low at times, mostly my right hand.

Thanks for the feedback gents.

I'll probably post some sparring vids soon.

Comment

Congrats on your weight loss, some constructive criticism would be, you look like it would be a cakewalk to hit you. You should be pretending that the bag hits back.

Comment

I'm definitely not really hard to hit and my trainers make sure to remind me by slapping me in the head with the mitts when we do rounds, haha.

Also, i used to only box, this gym is a muay thai and bjj place, so training with kicks, elbows and knees has probably changed my stance and the way i fight little.

Comment

good eye and hand coordination on the double end bag

Comment

Working...
              X