No announcement yet.

Better to quit or be stopped?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better to quit or be stopped?

So, it would seem that Cotto did indeed quit against Tony on Saturday night.
    My question is ..... is it better to call the fight yourself and quit or to be stopped either by KO or TKO?

Depends on the circumstances, sometimes quitting if the smart thing to do.

Cotto didn't quit.

Comment

Cotto quitted, he could have continued, but it was a shameful way to end a great fight. He should have continued fighting but he knew it was over.

Comment

Cotto got crucified.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless View Post
          Cotto quitted, he could have continued, but it was a shameful way to end a great fight. He should have continued fighting but he knew it was over.
          wtf is quitted??

Comment

I think it is absolutely disgusting that the notion that Cotto 'quit', which is debatable, seems to be far more important for some people than the fact that Margarito won.

Comment

I'm old school.....ever heard the term "taken out on his shield"?

I would rather see a stoppage by the ref or a KO.

People forget, it's the refs job to protect the fighter and it's the fighters job to fight to the end.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post

People forget, it's the refs job to protect the fighter and it's the fighters job to fight to the end.
                That foolish coon reffing the fight was more into watching the fight than reffing the fight.
                Don't get me wrong, he refereed the fight well. But he wasn't about to stop it. He didn't want to be the one to get blamed for a premature stoppage or a controversial stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post

Good points, although its also the job of the corner to protect their fighter. Maybe im sick, especially in light of the condition Diaz ended up in recently but i would have much rather Cotto get KO'd or TKO'd than the way it did end.
                  I am over the moon that Tony won as i backed him and won a fair few points doing so and also IMO the way the fight ended does not detract in any way from his victory. (in response to The Machine's post)

Comment

I'd say it all depends on the make-up of the fighter in question. For some it would be better to quit and take less punishment. It would seem that some fighters pyche would be crushed knowing that they quit. I think its priceless that some are saying that Cotto didn't quit. If he wasnt such a favorite he'd be getting blasted even more right now. Cotto didn't want anymore and if the fight continued he would've ran to the other side of the ring and took another knee without getting hit. Be real.

Comment

Working...
                    X