No announcement yet.

Got the shoulder roll down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the shoulder roll down

Just got the shoulder roll defense down, or atleast my version.... Im southpaw and keep my right hand down close to my body with my elbow bent, i then keep my lefthand tight and close to my jaw , and when an opponent throws a jab, i simply roll the shoulder and turn my head to the right, this is great becuz alot of times a cross is followed and by rolling back it allows the punch to glance off the glove and theres an immediate opening, damn im learning some great ****, and am going to be a great fighter damn, cant wait to post some vids

Originally posted by GreatestIAM
    Just got the shoulder roll defense down, or atleast my version.... Im southpaw and keep my right hand down close to my body with my elbow bent, i then keep my lefthand tight and close to my jaw , and when an opponent throws a jab, i simply roll the shoulder and turn my head to the right, this is great becuz alot of times a cross is followed and by rolling back it allows the punch to glance off the glove and theres an immediate opening, damn im learning some great ****, and am going to be a great fighter damn, cant wait to post some vids

what about your body

Comment

So you're rolling your face right into the punch? If you're southpaw you'd be turning your head into the punch, and you better hope you cover up with your shoulder good or else that's going to hurt ya. But yeah the shoulder roll is nice, return that left cross right back at em when they throw something.

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
        what about your body

my right arm is covering it, when not throwing jabs

Comment

Originally posted by SlightlyStoopid
          So you're rolling your face right into the punch? If you're southpaw you'd be turning your head into the punch, and you better hope you cover up with your shoulder good or else that's going to hurt ya. But yeah the shoulder roll is nice, return that left cross right back at em when they throw something.

No im rolling my face (my chin)into my shoulder behind my glove

Comment

Originally posted by SlightlyStoopid
            LOL

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Comment

my counter for that defense is hit them behind the ear.

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
                my counter for that defense is hit them behind the ear.
                Ya ima try mine in sparring tmrw, but not in fights til the last rounds to give a new look, if it works out who knows

Comment

i'd learn to properly pose in a picture then boasting about something

Comment

Originally posted by Kayo
                    i'd learn to properly pose in a picture then boasting about something

what?????/

Comment

Working...
                    X