No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko or Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vitali over Wlad, in many ways, which I will evaluate:

- Watching Vitali is like watching a boxing clinic, the work rate and variety of punches he throws are much better than Wladimir and although they don't carry the same amount of pop, they systematically break you down and it's a joy to watch as an opponent is worn down and broken by that 'iron fist', often to never come back the same again - even take into account people like Byrd, dominated many times after that fight, Lennox not returning at all, and many others who had no real claims or desires to rematch.

- Vitali can box on the backfoot excellently, dealing easily with pressure fighters like Chisora and Arreola and Peter, with minimal amount of clinching, unlike Wlad.

- Warrior heart, Iron Chin and excellent ability to finish fights when he has his man hurt, he has that natural fighter instinct, clinical and ruthless and not worried about getting hit, unlike Wlad

- 2004 and 2008-09 Vitali was an offensive beast, the beatdowns of Sanders (one of my favourite heavyweight fights in recent times), Kirk Johnson, Danny Williams and Sam Peter were excellent and a lot more action packed than Wlad's defences recently.

2004 or 08-09 Vitali beats Wladimir quite badly IMO, I could see it similar to the Lennox fight in terms of jab exchanges and Vitali getting some good straights in, these would likely finish Wlad. Wlad dominates his opponents because they are usually intimidated and too unwilling to take the initiative. Vitali's superior workrate, ability to take Wlad's big shots, punches from different angles will get to Wlad and he won't be able to dominate physically v the bigger and physically juggernaut-strength Vitali. Also, Wlad does not go to the body which is potentially a way to slow Vitali down. Also, Wlad has no inside game and doesn't throw mean uppercuts like Lennox could which is another way to potentially damage Vitali.

To conclude, Vitali is the better fighter of the two by far IMO, he has all the attributes needed to be a true and complete fighter, mental, physical, skills + all intangibles. Wladimir in recent times is the better technical boxer and lands cleaner, probably more concussive single shots, and has a more schooled defense for a heavyweight but Vitali's unique use of range, reflexes, punch styles, angles/variety, heart and chin win this fight for him and definitely IMO put him into a top 5 list H2H, it's very open to opinion as he neither proved nor disproved against real ATG opposition his exact potential in fantasy bouts. In my opinion, his attributes have him there.

Comment

I think Wlad has the better resume by a bit but if they fought each other Vitali would knock out Wlad out early.

Comment

I think it's hard to say, Vitali was an amazing fighter and Wladimir is an amazing fighter now. In some areas Vitali is better and in some areas Wladimir is better,so it depends. Vitali and Wladimir are among the best heavyweights Boxing has had.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Wladimir is certainly the better boxer. I don't think there's much doubt about that. H2H I have always maintained that prime for prime, Vitali would smoke him.

He was a beast in his prime and Wlad, in my opinion, doesn't have the same fighting heart as his brother. He could maybe cruise to a decision, hard to say. I just doubt he would be able to stand up to his brother's punches.
          Exactly that

Comment

Wlad is the better boxer with the better legacy by far. Who would win h2h mean nothing since they would/will never fight.

Comment

wlad... gold medal, multiple world titles but most impressive is not so much his level of opposition but his longevity. when he beat byrd during the post fight interview steward said he would never lose again & there was no one in the amateur ranks he's sees coming up who could beat him. his title reign is like larry Holmes's. dominant but his peak years were spent beating opponents a level or 2 below him. if he fought vitali at their best I think he beats vitali. look what lennox did at the end of his career. wlad would have been in shape & able to hit vitali not like most of his past opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
                Who's the better boxer? I've already explained several times why I think Vitali is/was better. Tell us who do you think is the better of the two brothers.
                As much as I want to answer Neither, ill go with wlad.

Comment

everyone talks about vitali's chin... I have seen everyone of his fights & the only guys who hit him cleanly were sanders, lennox & timo Hoffman of all guys. Hoffman was as big but not nearly the puncher lennox or sanders was. vitali got hit a few times by sanders & marked up. lennox hit him cleanly like no other HW & stopped him in 6. yeah it was cuts but he had to hit him to do it. pre steward wlad unloads on vitali & would he hold up? he marks & cuts easy so would his skin fail him? if that eyes is shut vs lennox he could be KO'd the next round. you can't fight lennox lewis with one eye. post steward I see wlad winning a tactical 12 round waltz because he would not exchange & he would use his boxing skills to outpoint vitali.

Comment

Prime h2h, vitali knocks Wlad out no doubt about it.

Comment

wladimir said in the documentary

"i had to become a fighter, vitali was born one" or something along those lines

Comment

Working...
                      X