Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "retire" in 2007 because he was shook by the 147 division heating up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You asked what was new and you got your answers. He hadn't made 147 for nearly 2 years. NEW. He fought at 154 for a tune-up against a nobody and looked horrible. NEW. He was caught with Hydroxycut while trying to cut to the 150 CW. NEW. Hell, he'd been suspended for a year. NEW. But in your demented view, none of that changes anything, right? It's just par for the course.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    When you're talking about fighters being drained, the in ring performance is not a tangent, it's about the most important thing. I wouldn't doubt Marg took diuretics while he was at welter.

Comment

• Originally posted by josenoway View Post
      You asked what was new and you got your answers. He hadn't made 147 for nearly 2 years. NEW. He fought at 154 for a tune-up against a nobody and looked horrible. NEW. He was caught with Hydroxycut while trying to cut to the 150 CW. NEW. Hell, he'd been suspended for a year. NEW. But in your demented view, none of that changes anything, right? It's just par for the course.
      Whatever, he looked way healthier at the weighin and fight night than vs Mosley, when he weighed in under 146. He didn't perform like a drained fighter either, which is obvious but you keep dancing around.

Wanna complain about Marg CWs, complain about 154 champ Cotto trying to drag the hugely diminished version of that guy to 150, with a 160 rehydration limit lol.

Comment

You moron, that 'substance' was Hydroxycut. Nappiao's camp never raised any issue about PEDs. WTF are you even talking about.
        It's funny that its always people like you that call other people names yet don't even get what's what.

I will explain one last time.

They had found a substance that Margarito put in his drink according to Manny's camp. Being that Margarito is a known cheat Roach was concerned it was PEDs or a masking agent (see article below: a banned substance) . So they wanted Margarito tested.

Now, that is what the controversy was about that was stated in the article. It was not PEDs since I'm sure we would know about it after the testing but that was the concern.

The thing is that it was a claim by Manny's camp that it was used to improve performance but then they fought, Margarito lost and that is that. Nobody that I can recall at anytime said that Margarito was weight drained. That is the controversy that your article was about ... it was not about Margarito being weight drained as you tried to prove!!!

It's ironic that you posted an article and can't comprehend what you posted yet you insult people due to YOUR problem with comprehension. I tried to assist you to understand but you were more into trying to criticize than see that I was trying to make you understand.

Read this article as it has more details on the matter:
        http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...s-next-for-him
        Last edited by ADP02; 01-20-2013, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• LMAO, your're a moron. You raised the issue asking for an article that said he was too drained. You got an article that states he was caught with Hydroxycut and struggled to make the weight. You do realize what Hydroxycut is used for? Christ, they must have admitted you for a 5150 when Nappiao got put to sleep.

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          It's funny that its always people like you that call other people names yet don't even get what's what.

I will explain one last time.

They had found a substance that Margarito put in his drink according to Manny's camp. Being that Margarito is a known cheat Roach was concerned it was PEDs or a masking agent (see article below: a banned substance) . So they wanted Margarito tested.

Now, that is what the controversy was about that was stated in the article. It was not PEDs since I'm sure we would know about it after the testing but that was the concern.

The thing is that it was a claim by Manny's camp that it was used to improve performance but then they fought, Margarito lost and that is that. Nobody that I can recall at anytime said that Margarito was weight drained. That is the controversy that your article was about ... it was not about Margarito being weight drained as you tried to prove!!!

It's ironic that you posted an article and can't comprehend what you posted yet you insult people due to YOUR problem with comprehension. I tried to assist you to understand but you were more into trying to criticize than see that I was trying to make you understand.

Read this article as it has more details on the matter:
          http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...s-next-for-him

Comment

• Oh right, so when you asked what was different and got objective answers that didn't suit you, you want to move onto subjective bull**** like 'he looked way healthier'. Sure buddy. Good job. I mean he looked awesome right? A plodding come forward heavy bag with no hand speed who ate punches until his orbital bone snapped. He looked phucking WONDERFUL. Really.

And for the record, the 150 CW request by Cotto was lame. Just as lame as Nappiao's CW demand. But nothing as bad as Nappiao's ridiculous 148 CW demand to rematch Cotto. That **** was 110% pure cowardice.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Whatever, he looked way healthier at the weighin and fight night than vs Mosley, when he weighed in under 146. He didn't perform like a drained fighter either, which is obvious but you keep dancing around.

Wanna complain about Marg CWs, complain about 154 champ Cotto trying to drag the hugely diminished version of that guy to 150, with a 160 rehydration limit lol.

Comment

Oh right, so when you asked what was different and got objective answers that didn't suit you, you want to move onto subjective bull**** like 'he looked way healthier'. Sure buddy. Good job. I mean he looked awesome right? A plodding come forward heavy bag with no hand speed who ate punches until his orbital bone snapped. He looked phucking WONDERFUL. Really.

And for the record, the 150 CW request by Cotto was lame. Just as lame as Nappiao's CW demand. But nothing as bad as Nappiao's ridiculous 148 CW demand to rematch Cotto. That **** was 110% pure cowardice.
              Pure cowardice? The dude is in his 7th division. Give me a precedent for a guy stepping to his 8th and not asking for a CW. He said he's not going above 147, Cotto goaded him into offering 150 then turned tail when Pac did.

And no, none of Pac's Cw requests is as bad as Cotto's. CWs have been employed forever by smaller guys moving up. They are never used by a champ to handicap a divisional challenger, much less a one eyed non contender.

Comment

LMAO, your're a moron. You raised the issue asking for an article that said he was too drained. You got an article that states he was caught with Hydroxycut and struggled to make the weight. You do realize what Hydroxycut is used for? Christ, they must have admitted you for a 5150 when Nappiao got put to sleep.
                You can't possibly be 42 years old as someone who is 42 would not be acting like you! Try to stick with opinions and discussions instead of calling people names. Not cool bud.

I asked for proof that Margarito was weight drained. Yes. Did you provide me with that proof? No!!!!

What you provided me with was about the controversy that happened prior to the fight. That is, the claim by Manny's team that Margarito was taking a substance that can improve his performance. If you read the article that I posted, it stated:
                "Margarito put something in his drink and the Manny Pacquiao camp said it was Hydroxycut, which has ephedra, a banned substance. Ephedra is basically like the drug speed and would give a fighter a big advantage."

You would not be taking Hydroxycut on fight night to lose weight so Manny's camp thought it must be to enhance his performance.

It's possible that Margarito did have what Manny's camp claimed. It's also possible that Margarito uses it to help him lose weight easier. This is all speculation. Again, the controversy was about what did Margarito put in his drink the night of the fight. That is what your article and mine was about. Neither your article nor mine had any detail that Margarito was weight drained. So you fail!!!
                Last edited by ADP02; 01-20-2013, 04:02 AM.

Comment

• Poll result: 123 people voted "yes", only 16 voted "no".

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Poll result: 123 people voted "yes", only 16 voted "no".
                    30% of republicans think president obama was not born in the usa. So this poll shows a lot of birthers voted in this poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      30% of republicans think president obama was not born in the usa. So this poll shows a lot of birthers voted in this poll.
                      Dude, I think its about time you stopped the bumsniffing. Its abundantly clear what boxing fans think about Floyd's body of work. Being undefeated and talking and acting like a twat is all very good andc has made him a lot of money, but the massive asterisk next to his resume cant be ignored by boxing and sports fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X