Lennox Lewis vs Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    I see you at the edge to become one.
    Not just prime Ali, but any still good version of Ali clearly takes Lennox.

Ali that fought Friezer takes Lennox easily, also the version that fought Foreman.

I know you like your man, but lets keep it real
    He didn't even take Frazier, who's 205lb 5'11" and considered by virtually anyone to be a lesser fighter to Lewis, "easily", in fact losing to him before he faded a little, and Ali was able to pull his head down illegally all night long.

Yet he's going to take the more skilled, 6'6" 245lb Lewis,"easily"

think about what you are writing.

He beat Frazier because he was able to use that leverage on the inside, leverage he would not have as he'd be SEVERELY overpowered in close by Lewis, he beat Foreman by lying on the ropes until foreman gassed, that tactic won't work on Lewis as he's more intelligent than a young foreman, and would be content to just tap away at Ali scoring points if he tried that. He can't win boxing on the outside without his legs against a taller, longer fighter with an elite jab, he can't spark Lewis with a lucky shot like Lewis only losses, so....

Your Avatar really bely's your obvious bias on the topic.
    Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 01-04-2013, 04:40 AM.
    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Blackout- View Post
      Lewis had trouble against big fighters.. He was only good against smaller fighters like Holyfield and Tyson.. Then came that big beast of the east Vitali at he looked sluggerish and slow.. I think Ali would dance around him to win a UD
      Akinwande and Grant didnt seem to worry him.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        He didn't even take Frazier, who's 205lb 5'11" and considered by virtually anyone to be a lesser fighter to Lewis, "easily", in fact losing to him before he faded a little, and Ali was able to pull his head down illegally all night long.

Yet he's going to take the more skilled, 6'6" 245lb Lewis,"easily"

think about what you are writing.

He beat Frazier because he was able to use that leverage on the inside, leverage he would not have as he'd be SEVERELY overpowered in close by Lewis, he beat Foreman by lying on the ropes until foreman gassed, that tactic won't work on Lewis as he's more intelligent than a young foreman, and would be content to just tap away at Ali scoring points if he tried that. He can't win boxing on the outside without his legs against a taller, longer fighter with an elite jab, he can't spark Lewis with a lucky shot like Lewis only losses, so....

Your Avatar really bely's your obvious bias on the topic.
        Prime Lennox yet wasn't very convincing in his bouts against well past prime Holyfiled (first fight clearly gone to Lennox but second was close).

He was past prime but he wasn't very convincing against Vitali either.
        So there you have two best opponents Lennox faced. (I don't account those who were well past their primes).

Now, Lennox is slower than young Foreman and especially Friezer (I don't say he is lesser fighter). His chin is worse than both of those. Difference in speed between Ali and Lennox is huge. Ali's jab is superior. It's very strange you think Ali can't box from the outside against Lennox. All contrary I think if it stays on the outside it would be total disaster for Lennox. (it was against Vitali till he didn't come inside / it was not prime Lennox but still - Ali is better than Vitali).

I don't know why you think Ali can't KO lennox if he lands clear. Lennox's chin is not that good and Ali's power is not that bad.

My avatar shows two great champions in one of the lasts great HW bouts. I like them both (you can see that in my other posts) so your assumption is all wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          Prime Lennox yet wasn't very convincing in his bouts against well past prime Holyfiled (first fight clearly gone to Lennox but second was close).

He was past prime but he wasn't very convincing against Vitali either.
          So there you have two best opponents Lennox faced. (I don't account those who were well past their primes).

Now, Lennox is slower than young Foreman and especially Friezer (I don't say he is lesser fighter). His chin is worse than both of those. Difference in speed between Ali and Lennox is huge. Ali's jab is superior. It's very strange you think Ali can't box from the outside against Lennox. All contrary I think if it stays on the outside it would be total disaster for Lennox. (it was against Vitali till he didn't come inside / it was not prime Lennox but still - Ali is better than Vitali).

I don't know why you think Ali can't KO lennox if he lands clear. Lennox's chin is not that good and Ali's power is not that bad.

My avatar shows two great champions in one of the lasts great HW bouts. I like them both (you can see that in my other posts) so your assumption is all wrong!
          **** off, you know nothing about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk.. View Post
            Well, Lennox prime wasn't his age as much as his experience in the ring. A prime experienced Lennox would be almost impossible as seeing as how he was never outboxed only KOed twice on well placed and lucky punches in his two loses. I gotta go with Lennox and here is why,

1. Lennox was actually the only big man that could actually box. Not taking nothing from Ali but Ali never had to fight a 6'5 240 pound "Boxer"

2. Lennox had the reach and height advantage, so Ali jab would be less effective since he had to throw it up against gravity.

3. Lennox could take a punch! He was KOed by 2 well placed and lucky punches. I think it is funny that people say he had no chin because he was knocked out on two well placed power shots.
            So how many times was he doing the bambi dance?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

Comment

**** off, you know nothing about boxing.
                You are entitled to your opinion.

You are too emotional when it comes to your boy, so obviously I am not one biased here.

Cheers!

Comment

errr. not!

It was average at best (HOF/ATG fighters standards).

You can play with yt however you want that doesn't prove anything.

Comment

Edge to Ali, but its a split, hardfought decision, Lennox is up there with his best opponents, and Ali will be close to death in this fight.

I know it sounds a cliche, but if Muhammed approached this the right way he would find a way to edge out Lewis, he has a track record of acheiving against the odds impossible victories. Not to say Lennox wouldnt be just as focused but he doesnt have that track record against blinding odds (though thats not to say he might have it if he'd been given the opportunity).
                    Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-04-2013, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      He actually didn't dance rofl. Wlad did a little dance.. but I wont even call that a dance. Heavyweights just get knocked out.. they don't do 'dances' like light weights.

Lewis was officially knocked out once.. The other time was a blatant Don King Corruption. HBO Admit it and so did Don King's mama.

Comment

Working...
                      X