Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual Boxing Budgets Realesed: DAZN 200+ Mil, ESPN 90 Mil, SHO/FOX 100 Mil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A total of almost $400 mil combined per year. They should be able to provide fans meaningful fights every Saturday of the week. That's still not happening, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Why would G take a 2 or 3 fight deal with DAZN fully knowing that his entire contract would be to build him up only to sacrifice him to Canelo in a fight where he’s years older and needs a knockout to win. He should just go after the other champs. There’s no guarantee Canelo doesn’t drop a belt and avoid the trilogy anyway, contract or not.
      Why is this guy so sore?
      Are you a real fan of the sport or just a clown rooting for PBC and its fighters?
      Explain why the addition of DAZN is so bad for you?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        ****** alert, seriously calling his argument a strawman for saying DAZN launched years ago (which it did) But you're going to call him a liar.

******s. Want to talk about American numbers, DAZN didn't launch in America until Sep 2018. See this is what you do, you only take bits that suit you.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
          A total of almost $400 mil combined per year. They should be able to provide fans meaningful fights every Saturday of the week. That's still not happening, sadly.
          they're going to tour the 48 states in a bus and have Canelo fight AJ every saturday at local malls

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... I put it wrong... the fighters, the broadcasters and the promoters are taking the money in the short run... but the true (candid) investors are losing their money... in the long run, the actual sport is losing...
            Agreed completely. I posted about HBO and their toxic relationship with the likes of Jones, mayweather, ward and many others, some years ago.

If so much is invested and fighters are allowed to do as they please it harms the sport and everyone in it.

Comment

All that's good news to me. Now if all these platforms put on good fights and work together when needed, we the fans will benefit tremendously

Comment

Really glad that these outlets are putting a lot of money into the sport!
                A bit concerned about the DAZN thing though. Dumping twice what the others are but they don't look like they're going to have a lot to show for it. That's not a sustainable way of doing business. Something big will have to happen or they're not going to last.

That aside, glad to see the money is still flowing in the post-HBO era.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Really glad that these outlets are putting a lot of money into the sport!
                  A bit concerned about the DAZN thing though. Dumping twice what the others are but they don't look like they're going to have a lot to show for it. That's not a sustainable way of doing business. Something big will have to happen or they're not going to last.

That aside, glad to see the money is still flowing in the post-HBO era.
                  I'm just glad HBO finally pulled the plug instead of going half pregnant with BS cards the last few years and hinting at it.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                    nice straw man argument bro
                    Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Agreed completely. I posted about HBO and their toxic relationship with the likes of Jones, mayweather, ward and many others, some years ago.

If so much is invested and fighters are allowed to do as they please it harms the sport and everyone in it.
                    ... of course... it started with ODLH, it continued with FMJr (and Manny, maybe), and now it came to Canelo and AJ... a handful of fighters (supposed to represent the "face of boxing"), a handful of of promoters and broadcasters... meanwhile, the sport and its public (in general) were harmed in the long run...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      ... right... when I mentioned a supposed DAZN "hidden business agenda", I didn't mean boxing or combat sports, but rather other sports -- which represent the main market in the U.S.
                      Oh ok my bad I tend to believe what Dibella said in a interview when getting content becomes the way most people watch sports

Wouldn’t the major sport leagues just have their own app to be purchased by the public so that they can keep a 100% of the revenue that it brings in. Why partner with a platform when these leagues can get the whole pie to themselves and eliminate the middle man from the equation

Comment

Working...
                      X