Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's made a comeback from a giant downfall?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's made a comeback from a giant downfall?

Thinking of sh^t like Bill Cosby's or that film guy's level of f#ckup &/or mass public shaming for a crime or massively wrong actions.

I've been trying to think of how these guys could redeem themselves in the eyes of the public at some future date, but having a hard time coming up with people who've comeback from these sorta depths.

OJ is still blacklisted basically.

Tyson made an impressive comeback but I feel like thats cuz most feel he got railroaded & didn't actually rape that girl.

Michael Vick I've heard has made a comeback, but then again he just killed some dogs & I think thats not seen as bad of a thing despite how much people love their pets, but idk his full story either so might be more going on there idk.

Ted Kennedy did alright I guess after his car incident. Although I think you could argue his actions weren't malicious just cowardly &/or irresponsible.

Anyway who's massively f#cked up as a person of notability & got back to some similar respect level post f#ckup?

And extra points for breaking down how you think they were able to navigate their comeback to respectability.

Robert Downey Jr.

Comment

mike tyson, martha stewart, bill clinton.

Comment

Kobe Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          Kobe Bryant
          forgot about my man kobe! lol see that's how hard he came back. made a mofo forgot all about it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
            Robert Downey Jr.
            I was thinking of RDJ, but to me he was battling addiction & doing dumb sh^t more than he was doing maliciously bad sh^t to other people like Cosby & Weinstein or w/e his name is.

I think the malicious intent of the people I'm bringing up is the level of f#ckedupness I'm trying to see a comeback from.

But yea he did have a nice comeback can't deny that.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Kobe Bryant
              What did Kobe do? Didn't he get off (no pun intended) on the rape situation?

Comment

Mel Gibson went from being virtually blacklisted to being once again in Hollywood's good graces.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                  martha stewart, bill clinton.
                  Clinton just nutted in a fat girls mouth & put a cigar in her coochie. He wasn't that hated for that.

Martha Stewart is an interesting one doe. She's had a solid comeback, but again idk if insider information with stock tips is considered something THAT bad.

Cosby raped 60 women or w/e.

Weinstein has so many sexual allegations to death threats idk where to start with him.

OJ is thought to have murdered two people & was found responsible in a civil trial even if he got of on the criminal trial.

Tyson spent 3(?) years in prison for rape.

Vick was fighting, torturing & killing dogs.

There is a harder line with the things these people did that white collar crimes, out of control addictions & lying about f#cking a thot just don't reach the level of f#ckedupness to make their comebacks as impressive as if someone cameback from a more disturbing offense.

Comment

Matthew Broderick killed 2 people driving recklessly in Ireland 1987, got off with a slap on the wrist ($175.00 fine?!!), afterward had a lengthy career, made millions, committed to meeting with the victim's family for some closure on several occasions, still dodging them to this day.

.... and in the end, like some poetic (travesty of) justice, he gets featured in a car commercial.

Yup.

Comment

Working...
                    X