No announcement yet.

Loma wants to fight Tank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loma wants to fight Tank

Also doesn't mind Berchalt since he talked about moving up.

GL: Is the lightweight division the highest weight you will fight at?

VL: "I don't know. Right now it's too big for me. I feel like my opponents are bigger than me in this division, but we'll see. Right now I'm focused on this weight category."

GL: What are your goals for 2019?

VL: "To unify all of the titles at lightweight and fight with the guys who talk too much."

GL: Fight with guys who talk too much? Are you talking about Teofimo Lopez and his father who have had quite a bit to say lately?

VL: "Yes I want to fight with guys who talk too much, but I'm talking about Gervonta Davis."

GL: Would a fight with Gervonta Davis have to take place at lightweight or would you go down to 130 to fight him?

VL: "It depends, but it doesn't really matter to me. We're going to have to see what's on the table. Another fight that could present itself is the WBC 130 pound champion Miguel Berchelt who has been talking about moving up to lightweight, so he's a possibility as well."

GL: Sounds like the bottom line is you're going to be looking to make the biggest and best fights possible, and the weight they take place is almost secondary. Is this assessment correct?

VL: "This is correct."

http://**********.com/pag/article.php?aid=36696

Yeah... tank not going to agree to that...neither is Lopez

Comment

Checkmate, now lets hear the talk from Tank.

Comment

lol lets see if Tank has the same energy. the Pedraza fight gave Tank confidence to grow some nuts and talk trash. let's hear it now.

Comment

He young doe.....

Comment

loma thought he would walk through pedraza because tank did.

When he didn't, he came up with excuses. LOL

Comment

Is this the part where Tank gets younger over night again and he's no longer ready?

Obviously Tank will continue to duck. I like that Loma left open the possibility he'd move down for it since he scared Tank into staying at 130 to feast on 122 and 126 guys. Let's see if Tank brings his balls.

He wont but I do suspect we'll see the IBF belt added next year and a Berchelt fight. The third fight will be an unfortunate mandatory with Crolla.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                Is this the part where Tank gets younger over night again and he's no longer ready?

Obviously Tank will continue to duck. I like that Loma left open the possibility he'd move down for it since he scared Tank into staying at 130 to feast on 122 and 126 guys. Let's see if Tank brings his balls.

He wont but I do suspect we'll see the IBF belt added next year and a Berchelt fight. The third fight will be an unfortunate mandatory with Crolla.
                I think Crolla is next in line in spring right around when Mikey fights. Then I think they will try to make the Garcia fight but it will never get made so he hopefully fights Berchelt. Tank wont fight Loma because Floyd won't let him. He's going down the Floyd route, fight the guy only when you really have to and when the timing is right. So when Loma looks shot in about 4 years, Tank will be ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  I think Crolla is next in line in spring right around when Mikey fights. Then I think they will try to make the Garcia fight but it will never get made so he hopefully fights Berchelt. Tank wont fight Loma because Floyd won't let him. He's going down the Floyd route, fight the guy only when you really have to and when the timing is right. So when Loma looks shot in about 4 years, Tank will be ready.
                  I don't think Tank will last 4 years. Lomachenko will be in a much better position. I think Tank's lifestyle and the weight between fights will catch up and he'll suffer a Broner-Maidana moment.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    He young doe.....
                    Isn't that the excuse they make for Canelo losing to Floyd at 23, the same age Tank is now. Tank would be the same age as Canelo was fighting P4P Loma who is younger and more in his prime than Floyd was at 36 when he face Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                    X