Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had Pacquiao winning every round until the knockout: who else?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scorecards are interesting in fights that go the distance

Comment

No.

1. Pac 10-9
      2. Pac 10-9
      3. JMM 10-8
      4. JMM 10-9
      5. Pac 10-8
      6. BOOM!!

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
        Well for one he was floored in the 3rd and ko'd in the 6th so scorecards dont matter
        End of thread!

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
          Exactly! Don't matter how many times JMM gets dropped, he always gets back up and beats the piss out of his opponent. JMM got his nose broken in the 1st fight and what happened? JMM is smarter than Pacquiao, that will never change!
          Eventually it always changes. Not being smarter. That will have nothing to do with it. Age will have everything to do with it though. Marquez will not, can not, come into a fifth fight with as much determination to win as he just did. He's reached the peak of the mountain,. he's achieved his dream and everything that was considered impossible. To get there, he went through hell and back, and it won't be possible again, especially as he would be at least a year older by the time he and Pac rejuvenate and get back into it for another go round.

I don't want this board to be full of screaming wanker ****s like Check Hooks and Hugh Grant, all feeding on the old corpse of Marquez, bringing up complete BS, revising history etc, all because an old, much less determined version of Marquez comes back and finally gets beat proper.

We always talk the good talk about our fighters to retire on top, with a great win, but then hen the possibility arises that they actually might, everyone flips out and starts *****ing, moaning, and worse, bringing up complete **** of ducking this guy, and that guy, and suddenly they're being called cowards and 'duckers'.

Can you imagine guys like Check Hooks, Spoon, Hugh Grant all saying Marquez was a steroid cheating ducker if he retired now on top? I sure could.

It's sad.

I have amazing respect for Ernesto Marcel and Lennox Lewis. They simply didn't have the determination to fight on and so they took the greatest way out, despite now having a whole legion of little **** (well, not Marcel, but certainly Lewis) boys talking **** about them.

Marcel went out as champion with a huge win over Alexis Arguello. Lewis with a win over the next future champ. What better way is there? Marquez should go out with a win over the P4P champ and his greatest rival, with the only defining win that either will ever have.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
            1. Pac
            2. JMM
            3. JMM (KD)
            4. I couldn't pick a clear winner, even
            5. Pac (KD)
            6. stopped scoring as Pac got ktfo
            Thats how I scored it too

Comment

Rounds 1 and 2 didn't have much action. 3rd round Marquez won because of the knockdown. 4th Marquez won, Pac started to recover towards the end of that round from the 3rd round knockdown. The KD clearly had an effect. Pac wins 5th big. Marquez wasn't having a bad 6th but pac came on strong at the end and that was his downfall.

Conclusion: nobody dominated but momentum was in pacs favour.
              Last edited by Rapid Counter; 12-11-2012, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiwass View Post
                Boxing news reports and message boarders are acting as if Marquez dominated the fight. I had Marquez losing every round until the knockout, it was the same old story, Pacquiao was showing the aggression, Marquez would land a counter now and then but Pacquiao was clearly winning them boom, he's flatlined.

1 - Pac
                2 - Pac
                3 - JMM
                4 - JMM
                5 - Pac
                6 - JMM

Comment

Why are we even talking about scorecards??he wasnt just ko'd he was floored hard....and then put to sleep,i thought he was dead and ya'll are talking bout scorecards???wow,just wow

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                    Rounds 1 and 2 didn't have much action. 3rd round Marquez won because of the knockdown. 4th Marquez won, Pac started to recover towards the end of that round from the 3rd round knockdown. The KD clearly had an effect. Pac wins 5th big. Marquez wasn't having a bad 6th but pac came on strong at the end and that was is downfall.

Conclusion: nobody dominated but momentum was in pacs favour.

Basically this...Pac had some momentum but JMM was still getting him to the body and setting traps. I had Pac up by 1 going into the 6th, but watching it, even though i was giving rds to Pac and he was doing well there was always a sense that JMM was going to start landing big counters.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                      Exactly! Don't matter how many times JMM gets dropped, he always gets back up and beats the piss out of his opponent. JMM got his nose broken in the 1st fight and what happened? JMM is smarter than Pacquiao, that will never change!
                      Pretty much.

Comment

Working...
                      X