Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you people think Tyson has a better chin than Frazier?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing people dont get about the Lewis fight and that is Lewis could of knocked Tyson out any time he wanted.He toyed with Tyson for making threats about eating kids he does not have.Frazier does have way more heart than Holyfield.As you said XionComrade Foreman beat the living crap out of Frazier he kept getting up.Few fighters would of kept getting up when they know they could not win.Frazier had a better chin than Tyson and more heart and Frazier fought the better people.

Comment

To just say just "More Heart" is a insult Hearns, lol!

Yes I beleive if that was a streetfight with boxing rules, so the corner and ref cant stop it, that Joe would have very well been killed, or if ithad gone to round 6-15 he would have died from a hemorage. George has terrible power, the kind that words and comparisons can't begin to describe, the only way to even get a understanding of that power is to experience it first hand...Anyone want to go for it and tell us about it?

So if George was that strong, just immagine Shavers! Its a miracle that Tyson didn't kill anyone his career, even more so for George and Earnie...

Ya know Ive never heard Shavers talk, was he as personable as Frazier, Norton, and Foreman outside of the ring? I also heard that Foreman was a real oddball in his prime before the Ali fight, he would go through entire Press Conferences without saying a word, I think he did that in the Ali one to...and the fight also!
      Last edited by XionComrade; 08-12-2005, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Tysons power was just as hyped up as he was.Tyson never showed world class power.As i said before when you can knock out world class hall of famers with your power then you have true power.Tyson never showed that.Foreman did.Shavers did.

Comment

Did Tyson beat anyone worth mentioning? No. (I won't count Holmes seeing that it was nearly 10 years after his prime.)

Frazier was the first man to beat Muhammad Ali. Not only that, he knocked the **** out of him at the end of the match. The only 2 people Frazier lost to where Ali and Foreman; the Greatest Heavyweight of All-Time and a ****ing wrecking machine that could have dropped anyone in his prime.

Comment

i been listenin to u ppl who have no boxing knowledge at all. holyfields didnt knock out tyson, it was TKO. wen douglas dropped tyson, tyson tried to get up but cudnt. he didnt get knocked by mcbride, he quit. wen he got knocked my williams and lewis, he cudve got up, u can tell, but he didnt want to coz he knew he wud loser bad. and youse keep sayin dat tyson got beat by ppl with normal punches, let me say dis again, if a person lands dat many clean punches, ur bound to get knocked. and hearns, lewis cudnt finish tyson anytime he wanted, did u even watch the fight? emanuel steward was screaming at lewis to beat tyson quik, lewis cudnt do it, and he even admited dat tyson had a very hard chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
              i been listenin to u ppl who have no boxing knowledge at all. holyfields didnt knock out tyson, it was TKO. wen douglas dropped tyson, tyson tried to get up but cudnt. he didnt get knocked by mcbride, he quit. wen he got knocked my williams and lewis, he cudve got up, u can tell, but he didnt want to coz he knew he wud loser bad. and youse keep sayin dat tyson got beat by ppl with normal punches, let me say dis again, if a person lands dat many clean punches, ur bound to get knocked. and hearns, lewis cudnt finish tyson anytime he wanted, did u even watch the fight? emanuel steward was screaming at lewis to beat tyson quik, lewis cudnt do it, and he even admited dat tyson had a very hard chin.
              Yes, Mike Tyson definitely had a solid chin. The beating he took from Lewis and Douglas proved that beyond any doubt. It was Tysons heart that was lacking, not his chin.

Comment

tyson definetely does not have a stronger chin than frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by Imira View Post
                  The only people who think Tyson has a better chin than Frazier are Tyson fans who don't know anything about any boxer before 1985.
                  Lets briefly go over the career of Frazier and the opponents he fought.
                  Mike Bruce (10-29). Fraziers hall of fame career starts off on the right foot, correct? Actually, incorrect. In his second fight, Frazier meets up with this no name punk Bruce, and immediately gets floored in the first round. Against a bum like this! You need not look to the Foreman fights to see that Frazier was chinny. He was exposed right here. Frazier manages to get up off the canvas (where hell spend a lot of time in his career) to knock out this ham and egger in Round 3. Bruce was starched by Cleveland Williams in one round, and he even lost to legendary tomato can Chuck Wepner. Other stellar losses on his resume include Sonny Andrews (4-12 career record), Charlie Emperor Harris (12-30, he certainly wasnt an emperor of boxing, maybe of getting knocked out), and Stamford Harris, and Tommy Hicks.

So, there you have it. Frazier is already shown to have a glass chin, and this will factor into his manager Yank Durhams decisions on who Frazier fights in the future. Needless to say, Frazier will side step quite a few heavy hitters, instead choosing to beat up on guys he already took care of, and fighters that hit like girls. Anyways, after padding his record with guys like Charley Polite and Memphis Al Jones, Frazier faces his first real test in:

Oscar Bonavena (58-9). What happens? Frazier gets decked twice, almost losing by TKO. He barely escapes the round and manages to get a gift decision by the judges. People claim that Frazier was green while Oscar was a veteran, but Oscar only had 11 more pro fights than Frazier. Also, Bonavena as a fighter was quite overrated, simply because he fought in the 70s. He was nothing more than an okay fighter with a stupid and akward style. He
                  wasnt very big, proving that Frazier cant win the big one against skilled men larger than himself, so he fights easy guys all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyhearns804 View Post
                    I agree with your 100 percent XionComrade.Tysons fans love to say well if he was in his prime he wouldnt lose to anybody but Douglas was older than Tyson and beat Tyson in his prime.Holyfield is older than Tyson and owned him.Lewis is older than Tyson and toyed with him and then knocked him out.
                    Tyson is highly overrated.He never beat a world class fighter.Infact he never even fought a world class fighter when they were in their primes besides Michael Spinks who was a light heavyweight
                    Lets briefly go over the career of Frazier and the opponents he fought.
                    Mike Bruce (10-29). Fraziers hall of fame career starts off on the right foot, correct? Actually, incorrect. In his second fight, Frazier meets up with this no name punk Bruce, and immediately gets floored in the first round. Against a bum like this! You need not look to the Foreman fights to see that Frazier was chinny. He was exposed right here. Frazier manages to get up off the canvas (where hell spend a lot of time in his career) to knock out this ham and egger in Round 3. Bruce was starched by Cleveland Williams in one round, and he even lost to legendary tomato can Chuck Wepner. Other stellar losses on his resume include Sonny Andrews (4-12 career record), Charlie Emperor Harris (12-30, he certainly wasnt an emperor of boxing, maybe of getting knocked out), and Stamford Harris, and Tommy Hicks.

So, there you have it. Frazier is already shown to have a glass chin, and this will factor into his manager Yank Durhams decisions on who Frazier fights in the future. Needless to say, Frazier will side step quite a few heavy hitters, instead choosing to beat up on guys he already took care of, and fighters that hit like girls. Anyways, after padding his record with guys like Charley Polite and Memphis Al Jones, Frazier faces his first real test in:

Oscar Bonavena (58-9). What happens? Frazier gets decked twice, almost losing by TKO. He barely escapes the round and manages to get a gift decision by the judges. People claim that Frazier was green while Oscar was a veteran, but Oscar only had 11 more pro fights than Frazier. Also, Bonavena as a fighter was quite overrated, simply because he fought in the 70s. He was nothing more than an okay fighter with a stupid and akward style. He
                    wasnt very big, proving that Frazier cant win the big one against skilled men larger than himself, so he fights easy guys all the time.
                    Frazier beat bums bar ali tell me good contenders who he beat? Foreman 6-4 against top 10 contenders frazier avoided big punchers foreman have padded record 1st time he fought good boxer Bonavena he got dropped 2 times and arguably lost overrated bum is mccall ATG is douglas ATGOliver McCall:
                    First to knock out ATG Lennox Lewis
                    Beat two men who at one point held the linear title
                    Beat six men who at one point held belts (seven if Oquendo wins)
                    Contender in three decades
                    Avenged his son's loss to an undefeated fighter in his forth decade fighting
                    Never knocked down in 73 fights

Maybe off topic, but McCall's career reminds a little of bit of George' and Frazier’s s but he barely gets taken seriously. He's even regarded as being worse than George in the 90s despite accomplishing more.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyhearns804 View Post
                      Tyson was great at laying flat on his back but so is your mom angelo_dundee.You know who is great?Ali,Foreman,Frazier you know guys like that.Guys who fought other legends.Guys who never quit to fighters like Mcbride then have excuses made for them.
                      Frazier beat bums bar ali tell me good contenders who he beat? Foreman 6-4 against top 10 contenders frazier avoided big punchers foreman have padded record 1st time he fought good boxer Bonavena he got dropped 2 times and arguably lost overrated bum is mccall ATG is douglas ATG

Comment

Working...
                      X