Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pacquiao beats Thurman he has to rank over Floyd historically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Manny defeats Thurman, than yes indeed his legacy and career is greater than floyd’s. There’s not debate after a victory like that at his age and stage of his career. So what if Floyd won/run against Manny.

Eli Manning beat Tom Brady 2x in the super bowl. Brady is still the greater quarterback. No doubt.

Comment

• I haven't touched this topic in years but no that's never going to happen, Mayweather dismantled his level of opposition with more versatility and he always adapted. Pacquaio didn't do it in that fashion and so it's weird how people still think he can overtake Mayweather historically, not happening.

Comment

• I think a win over Pacquiao ranks higher then a win over thurman...

Comment

• A win over FOTD 8x division champion
          OR
          A win over a guy who hasn't had a clear win since 2016..

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I didn’t mention anything about his undefeated record. I just posted that losses need to be factored in. The losses take away the same way the wins add.

Beating Barrera is great, beating hatton is good, losing to Horn and others not so much. Manny also lost to the best guy he faced. That matters.

Only manny fans want losses not to count when assessing manny’s career but when it’s anyone else you want the losses to count.
            I think fighters would prefer not to lose, but losing don't take away what someone did. I don't downgrade srr too much for losing to Turpin so why would I single PAC out for losing abroad to horn? Or being robbed against bradley.
            People credit PAC for beating common opponents with Floyd more dominantly with stoppages being smaller.
            So simply put there are many ways to downgrade a man's career that don't involve losses

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
              I think a win over Pacquiao ranks higher then a win over thurman...
              No. I don't think a win over a former flyweight ranks higher than a win over the best ww, who is fresh, at 40 with the wear and tear 70 fights under belt ; gun shy from a jmm ko, with a bad shoulder.
              Last edited by hugh grant; 05-26-2019, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                You keep avoiding the point. There is no unbiased fair poll that has manny ahead of Floyd. None.I have biases as well. So I do my best to keep them out and go to independent sources without my biases.
                F
                The only reason you won’t do that is because you know manny always comes up behind Floyd. .
                I m sure some independent sources have Floyd above PAC, but i don't know enough about them to say there are more ranking Floyd above PAC or vice versa.
                And I don't know how unbiased they are or if they're looking through rose tinted glasses.
                I mean jmm said PAC is without question the best of era. I mean youd obviously say he was biased without much evidence other than its your opinion? I don't know enough about the so called independent sources you go on about that rank Floyd above pac to say whether they are unbiased or not
                Last edited by hugh grant; 05-26-2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  No. I don't think a win over a former flyweight ranks higher than a win over the best ww, who is fresh, at 40 with the wear and tear 70 fights under belt ; gun shy from a jmm ko, with a bad shoulder.
                  Wait....who believes Keith Thurman is the best ww right now?

Do you believe that?

Comment

• For some he already is ranked higher - eg Max Kellerman

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                      A win over FOTD 8x division champion
                      OR
                      A win over a guy who hasn't had a clear win since 2016..
                      So you’re saying Eli manning is better than Tom Brady?

LMAO. Guys, this guys just said that Manning is better than Brady! What a buffoon.

Comment

Working...
                      X