No announcement yet.

Greedy Klitschko's standing in the way of big fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greedy Klitschko's standing in the way of big fights

Makes me wonder how serious they are about facing certain guys.

The lowball offers have cost us fights with Toney, Haye and Valuev.

James Toney offered LOL $1m. Who are they trying to kid that they want to face him? Toneys name alone in a HW Title fight generates massive money.

Vitali demands british TV money to face Haye. Why? Vitali is a nobody in the UK and Haye can do 1m buys against other fighters. Where does he get off demanding something he has no right to?

Offer's Valuev $2m which comes to around 20% of the purse. They call Don King Greedy for asking for more than an 80-20 split. ffs They call King Greedy but he wasnt demanding british TV money when Valuev fought Haye. Greedy in Klitschko eyes seems to be seeing through lowball offers.

Klitschko fans can say what they like about highest paydays but it doesnt work that way. Oscar the biggest draw in boxing history didnt even do that when he faced Floyd who's top payday was $8m at the time. What the Klitschko's are doing is the equivelant of Oscar turning round to Floyd and saying, "ok, you're getting $9m for our fight take it over leave it".

These two clowns need to start playing the game.

Originally posted by The Guru_ View Post
    Makes me wonder how serious they are about facing certain guys.

The lowball offers have cost us fights with Toney, Haye and Valuev.

James Toney offered LOL $1m. Who are they trying to kid that they want to face him? Toneys name alone in a HW Title fight generates massive money.

Vitali demands british TV money to face Haye. Why? Vitali is a nobody in the UK and Haye can do 1m buys against other fighters. Where does he get off demanding something he has no right to?

Offer's Valuev $2m which comes to around 20% of the purse. They call Don King Greedy for asking for more than an 80-20 split. ffs They call King Greedy but he wasnt demanding british TV money when Valuev fought Haye. Greedy in Klitschko eyes seems to be seeing through lowball offers.

Klitschko fans can say what they like about highest paydays but it doesnt work that way. Oscar the biggest draw in boxing history didnt even do that when he faced Floyd who's top payday was $8m at the time. What the Klitschko's are doing is the equivelant of Oscar turning round to Floyd and saying, "ok, you're getting $9m for our fight take it over leave it".

These two clowns need to start playing the game.
    Is this a joke? Toney hasn't been a high profile name in the hw division since he fought Rahman, Holyfield, and Ruiz. Since then Toney has done virtually nothing to warrant a title shot, and a bigger paycheck. In fact, I think $1 million for a washed up, out of shape fighter like him is very generous- especially in this bad global economy. Where else would James Toney get a payday like that?

Comment

This thread is worse than some ******* threads. Which means it's one of the worst threads of all time.

Comment

I hate this type of ****, every fight should be 50-50, that way it makes the fighters take fights that the public want to see, instead of fighting some bum to get a big payday because you get 90% of the purse.

Comment

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
          I hate this type of ****, every fight should be 50-50, that way it makes the fighters take fights that the public want to see, instead of fighting some bum to get a big payday because you get 90% of the purse.
          Lol, so a fight like Vitali-Arreola should be 50-50? Explain why to me.

Vitali made a final offer of 3 million to Valuev, which is more than that bum deserves. But Don King kept demanding 60-40 which is laughable now that Valuev has no title, so Vitali was right to tell King to go **** himself. Anyways I don't know why I'm saying all of this since it's obvious TS is trolling.

Comment

Working...
          X