No announcement yet.

quintessential other sport boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quintessential other sport boxers

What I mean is boxers with experience playing another sport.

Roy Jones = basketball
    Rocky Marciano = baseball
    that guy who fought arreola like two fights ago = football
    Ricky Hatton = soccer
    Harry Greb = handball

Juan M. Marquez plays pool.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kinetic Linking View Post

Roy Jones = basketball
      Rocky Marciano = baseball
      that guy who fought arreola like two fights ago = football
      Ricky Hatton = soccer
      Harry Greb = handball
      Mundine - rugby league, he was better at that imo (was pro before he turned to boxing)

Comment

Brandon Jacobs was quite the amateur boxer losing only two of his 30 fights. There was an article about him a few days ago where he said he want's to become a boxing manager after his NFL days.

Link:http://www.examiner.com/x-680-New-Yo...boxing-manager

Comment

yeah he was good. I'd say american football players have the strength/nutritional advantage

baseball players have to pfp power advantage
          basketball players are going to be the most natural at quick moving on their toes
          soccer players are going to be fast strong and with endurance but will be missing a big skill set lol (no hands)
          handball is technically very similar in a lot of the hand eye coordination and footwork stuff

Comment

Kermit Cintron was a wrestler

Comment

Former IBF L/W champ, Terry Marsh was a world champ (schoolboy) at chess..
              Curtis Woodhouse (Good pro soccer player) jacked it in to do boxing & I believe is doing quite well in the British ranks...

Comment

As much hate as he gets, Mundine is probably the best example of this. Toney chose between boxing and football, I believe he was scouted by most top colleges.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinetic Linking View Post
                  ** Corrie Sanders famously played pro golf on a couple of the minor tours.

Paul Berlanbach was a national champion wrestler. Lou Nova was a football player. Karl Mildenberger a pro soccer player. Troy Dorsey was a kick boxer, and likely Vitali won a few medals as a kickboxer.

Some boxing managers recruited infamous baseball player and manager Billy Martin to try pro boxing, but Billy didn't want to give up his boozing, cigs and carousing with his buds. Billy only weighed 150 or so lbs soaking wet, but he was knocking out prime 220 lb ballplayers well into his 50s

Comment

Michael Grant was a football player

Comment

Working...
                    X