No announcement yet.

Igor Vov! in the ufc soon!!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Igor Vov! in the ufc soon!!?

this is from http://www.mmaweekly.com/home.html !!

[img:9b760d0046]http://www.mmaweekly.com/images/fighters/igor%20vovchanchin.jpg[/img:9b760d0046]

[color=brown:9b760d0046]MMAWeekly received some interesting speculation over the past 24 hours regarding who will fight Ricco Rodriguez in February. The two names that seem to rise to the top of the list are Tim Sylvia and Igor Vovchanchin.

Sylvia is an interesting choice because he has just one win in the UFC. With that said, the upside on this kid though is unbelivable because he was 14-0 in mixed martial arts competition and it isn't like he hasn't fought anybody. This kid has won TOURNAMENTS, which shows you how tough he is.

Igor would probably do better with in the UFC with UFC rules than Pride because his standup style will excel in a cage. When an opponent is pinned against a fence, he would have a very tough time escaping from Igor's fists. Now these are just rumors right now. It seems things change daily as we are still three months from the show, but they are interesting thoughts.

One more thing about Sylvia, he was supposed to be a part of the UCC show, but now his management is committing him to the show, which adds further speculation that he could be pulled for a chance at the UFC Title. We shall wait and see.

Now before people bash the UFC about Sylvia, ask yourself this question. Who would YOU pick to fight Ricco? Pedro Rizzo could have been an attractive candidate, but he lost to Gan McGee.

McGee is a guy who probably deserves a shot since he be Rizzo and in many people's minds, should've beat Barnett. In our minds, McGee will get one more fight to show he is the real deal, not a fluke and then get a title shot.

Arlovski is in the same boat. He needs two more wins to offset the back to back losses to Ricco and Rizzo to be considered a legit contender.
    [/color:9b760d0046]

i hope he goes to the ufc! a cage is good news for igor! and change is allways good! the man is still young.. he is 29 if im not mistaken and im sure he has a lot more fight in him!!

Comment

And that way we have the chance to see igor vs tank! woohoo

=)

Comment

[quote:6806d7791a="pål johnsen"]i hope he goes to the ufc! a cage is good news for igor! and change is allways good! the man is still young.. he is 29 if im not mistaken and im sure he has a lot more fight in him!![/quote:6806d7791a]

ricco is a bad matchup for Vov. He will take him down and control Vov all day. Vov Vs Tank would be awsome though.

Comment

i dont know! its not easy to control vov on the ground! kerr found that out

Comment

[quote:62789d8eaf="pål johnsen"]i dont know! its not easy to control vov on the ground! kerr found that out[/quote:62789d8eaf]

Kerr was on his way out Mind Problems. I dont put to much into that fight.

Comment

they had 2 fights man!!

Comment

[quote:a9a7737ea9="pål johnsen"]they had 2 fights man!![/quote:a9a7737ea9]

I know one was a draw and the other Vov won. But his head wasnt straight. Vov is solid. But i think Rampages matches proved something a descent wrestler 9 times out of ten beats Vov. I like to watch vov alot hes a good fighter a good guy fights everyone they through at him. Its no mistake he has faught everyone unlike Silva he does fight all.

Comment

I would love to see Vov in the UFC, but I hope he comes back to Pride, is not the same without him.

Comment

There have been rumors about Igor going to the UFC for years. Don't get to excited.

Comment

Working...
                    X