Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who fought the best version of 147 Marquez.. Pacquiao or Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMM looked like shyt leading up to the Mayweather fight.

JMM looked like a beast leading up to this recent Pac fight.

The difference is? Proper conditioning.

Comment

Floyd beats any version of Marquez , while Manny .....do I need to say more

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Marquez had better conditioning in last night's fight than he did against Floyd, but he didn't win because of his conditioning, he won because of this :

let the truth be told

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
          JMM was bigger & stronger against Pacquiao but it's not about that it's about styles.

I still don't get how many boxing fans lack the most basic statement in boxing which is styles make fights.

JMM is a counter puncher. He will always shine and do his best against a guy who comes to him and attacks. Floyd is a stylistic nightmare for JMM because JMM is forced to be the aggressor, thus eliminating the best part of his game. It's real simple stuff here.
          it was not just stylistic but also mental. marquez will always perform better against pacquiao because he has a huge chip on his shoulder about that rivalry. virtually monomaniacal -- his autobiography is called yes, i beat you manny pacquiao ffs ().

it wasn't just his midriff that was soft in the mayweather fight.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post

JMM is a counter puncher. He will always shine and do his best against a guy who comes to him and attacks. Floyd is a stylistic nightmare for JMM because JMM is forced to be the aggressor, thus eliminating the best part of his game. It's real simple stuff here.
            I think you're underestimating the power of conditioning. Styles do make fights to a degree, but if you're not conditioned properly you can't execute a style anywhere near as effectively.

You say Marquez would have to be the aggressor against Floyd, not necessarily the case. Marquez is a great ring technician in his own right. But against Floyd his poor conditioning really worked against him. If he was in the same sort of condition as the Pacquiao fight, it would be more competitive contest in my opinion and not the total shut out it was last time.

Comment

I think Marquez last night had an undeniable aura of victory last night.

Comment

Even if Marquez was closer to prime in 09 he wasn't conditioned well at all for the Floyd fight.

Pacquiao fought the best version Marquez both physically and mentally. This was a man with vengeance out to prove his point.

Comment

This Marquez

is BIGGER, STRONGER and more EXPLOSIVE than

This Marquez

Comment

i mean you need to factor in that marquez fought pacquiao numerous times. he even studied the guy right? but really this is best marquez at WW look at the power of the first KD, that wouldve hurt floyd more or less as it did to pacquiao.

Comment

Do it again and watch the Pac fanboys get disillusioned again , you got to hit Floyd to do anything and a slower JMM is not going to touch him and 143 JMM dont punch near 154 Cotto so Floyd can take anything JMM could land on him and Floyd will never get caught with a punch like Manny did , perfect timing unloaded on Manny not super power , but I dont mind seeing then fight again because it will just rub more salt into the Pac fanboys to watch Floyd own him again .

Comment

Working...
                      X