No announcement yet.

Donaire-Nishioka does 835,000 viewers on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donaire-Nishioka does 835,000 viewers on HBO

The number are in and Donaire Nishioka did only 835,000 viewers on HBO. Over the last two years, the average has been around 1.3 Million per fight.

In fact, Chavez-Martinez's replay on 9/22 did more than this fight at 852,000...

Discuss

Oh but Donaire fought the #1 guy in his division, why did it do such low numbers?

Maybe 100s of thousands of other people felt the same way I did, that Nishioka wasn't really the best in he division and Donaire only picked him because of his age[37] and performance against a faded Marquez.

I'm proud that boxing fans aren't that stupid after all. Maybe HBO would think twice before buying these stupid one-sided match ups.

Comment

Nishioka is a complete unknown in NSB let alone the public, and this is the typical lower weights fight

Comment

.....Ouch lol. What is Donaire's lowest rating?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Oh but Donaire fought the #1 guy in his division, why did it do such low numbers?

Maybe 100s of thousands of other people felt the same way I did, that Nishioka wasn't really the best in he division and Donaire only picked him because of his age[37] and performance against a faded Marquez.

I'm proud that boxing fans aren't that stupid after all. Maybe HBO would think twice before buying these stupid one-sided match ups.
          I don't know if you forgot, but Rios-Alvarado was on this card as well. To be honest, fans that didn't turn on that fight are stupid...

Comment

I saw Rios-Alvarado and called it the real main event of the night. After the fight I left to hang out and watch the Yankee game. I saw Donaire-Nishioka via the trading block.

Comment

donaire doesn't deserve a rigo fight till he becomes more known.

Comment

Isn't that about average for a BAD? I know WCB cards average around 1 million+ viewers, but BAD cards don't get nearly as much promotion and usually get lower ratings.

Comment

That's pretty bad.

Thanks for the #s.

Comment

Montiel-Donaire did more than 1 million viewers.. But that was because Montiel was the bigger name.

Comment

Working...
                    X