No announcement yet.

NOOB mistake to base Toney/Lebedev on Jones/Lebedev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
    You are right I probably shouldn't of said ''in great shape'' but for Toney at this age & stage of his career I guess it is!
    If anything... it isn't!

Dropping 57lbs at 43... will most likely mean you are not in shape to box for 12 rounds.

Comment

How much weight has Toney lost? Like 30 Lbs?

He's lost an unbelievable amount of weight. I wouldn't be suprised if he was weak come fight night.

I'm rooting for Toney to pull it off though and I think there's very minimal chance he wins.

But, he will lose, by wide UD. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        If anything... it isn't!

Dropping 57lbs at 43... will most likely mean you are not in shape to box for 12 rounds.
        Hmm well it depends how fast you lose the weight and what kind of weight you're shedding.. like when Roy went back down to light heavyweight after heavy.. he lost 20lbs of muscle.. James looks like its probably 50lbs+ fat and maybe a little muscle

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          How much weight has Toney lost? Like 30 Lbs?

He's lost an unbelievable amount of weight. I wouldn't be suprised if he was weak come fight night.

I'm rooting for Toney to pull it off though and I think there's very minimal chance he wins.

But, he will lose, by wide UD. IMO.
          57 Lbs. and 43 years old.

Comment

If anything... it isn't!

57 Lbs?!?!

He's lost 57 Lbs?

Wow. I thought it was around 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius Liston View Post
              Hmm well it depends how fast you lose the weight and what kind of weight you're shedding.. like when Roy went back down to light heavyweight after heavy.. he lost 20lbs of muscle.. James looks like its probably 50lbs+ fat and maybe a little muscle
              He's smaller all the way around, and trust me when I say this... I hope I'm wrong.

The skills are there to make Lebedev look silly... but I don't believe the stamina and reflexes are.

I think Toney can win... but the dramatic weight loss of over 50 lbs has a lot of questions left to be answered.. especially at his age.
              Last edited by THE REED; 11-02-2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                57 Lbs?!?!

He's lost 57 Lbs?

Wow. I thought it was around 30.
                His last fight was the end of last year... and he came in at a staggering 257lbs..

Lets not even get into the fact it'll be an entire year since he's last fought... at 43 years old.

Comment

If ledev K.O's toney, who do we send next?

Comment

If anything... it isn't!

ya but its 57lbs of pure fat and he has had 8 months to take it off

Comment

It doesn't appear that he lost 50 some odd pounds all at once during this camp, it seems he's been dropping weight for sometime and probably entered camp much less than the 257 he weighed in his last fight...

Comment

Working...
                      X