Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Unpopular Opinion thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a once in a blue moon poor scorecard from a well reputed and experienced judge can and should be forgiven. people make mistakes.

some fights are difficult to score from ringside
    it's not an exact science
    and the location of exchanges in relationship to where you are sitting will inevitably have an effect on your scoring of the round.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      a once in a blue moon poor scorecard from a well reputed and experienced judge can and should be forgiven. people make mistakes.

some fights are difficult to score from ringside
      it's not an exact science
      and the location of exchanges in relationship to where you are sitting will inevitably have an effect on your scoring of the round
      This is a fact. I saw a much easier fight for James Toney vs Jirov on tv than I did sitting ringside.

Comment

• Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
        People who insult Dan Rafael because of his weight are equally as jealous for the same reason.
        I don't always like Rafael and I've heard some pretty bad things about him personally. But you can be obese and still be a great boxing writer, so the weight comments are just cheap shots. However his scoring of fights is atrocious and he damages his credibility by revealing them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
          You said Ali barely touches the top 15 of all time, while Calzaghe is in the top 20.

Ali may be overrated and Calzaghe underrated....still doesn't mean Calzaghe is anywhere near as great.
          I do believe Ali is overrated now a days. He is made to be invincible, he beats every heavies. Louis, Holy, Tyson , Lewis, Marciano no one has a chance...come on guys he had enough trouble with medicore boxers.

But he is top 2 in my view. Just beatable. Not unbeatable like most make him out to be. But Calzaghe as good as he might be , can not not be considered Ali's equal.

Comment

• "Check hook".....ain't a real punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              I think Jake Lamotta is a top 5 ATG MW.
              your not alone.

Comment

• Jake LaMOtta....one of the 5 best 160lbers ever?

That's a bunch of Raging Bull****.

Comment

• Pacquiao is not unbeatable

Comment

• Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                    Jake LaMOtta....one of the 5 best 160lbers ever?

That's a bunch of Raging Bull****.
                    HAHA I agree with this histerical post!

Comment

• Originally posted by VETS View Post
                      Pacquiao is not unbeatable
                      Thats only unpopular in NSB, or at least the Pac half!

Comment

Working...
                      X