No announcement yet.

What is your record?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your record?

0-3, all 3x1, haven't had a "official" fight yet I guess.

That valero 27-0 maybe a jinx

Comment

hahahahahaha

Comment

Records are pretty irrelevant in the amateurs. It is more about who you fight, the experience you have etc.

Right now I've had 12 fights, for 7-5. 3 of my losses were one point fights. Had about 4 exhibition fights too that couldn't be written down as proper fights because they were with guys way out of my weightclass. I should have had more like 20-25 fights by now, that's about how many times I've weighed in. But obviously in amateur boxing, you aren't always going to get matched.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
          3 of my losses were one point fights.
          hahah oh man, same here!

I'm 13-8. Only had two fights where I clearly lost to a guy who was better. I have three one point losses, then two that were close decisions, and then the two where I got clearly beaten. One of the guys that clearly beat me we had rematch 5 months later and he only won by one point. He beat me 32-5 the first time lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottDBA View Post
            hahah oh man, same here!

I'm 13-8. Only had two fights where I clearly lost to a guy who was better. I have three one point losses, then two that were close decisions, and then the two where I got clearly beaten. One of the guys that clearly beat me we had rematch 5 months later and he only won by one point. He beat me 32-5 the first time lol.
            Yeah it's pretty common. Yeah the two I lost clearly, one was to a guy who just repped the country at youth worlds a few months back, ( lost that one by about ten points, clearly lost, that guy actually smashed a few opponents at worlds, and only lost by a few points to the cuban) and one was my first fight with my old trainer (if you could call him that) where I didn't really know how to box. That guy was pretty damn good too, he repped the country also.

I would love to rematch both those guys, in fact I might get my chance in a few weeks.

Comment

yeah same thing here. 8-5. Last two losses were to the nationals team guy. He beat me the first time by 4 points and the second time by bogus DQ. Other then that I have a SD, a 2point loss a the nationals, and a hometown robery.

Comment

I went about 45-15 through the ams. My coach threw me at anybody and it helped me learn alot and gain alot of confidence. In my 6th fight I fought Tarrick Salmaci, the defending national champ at the time losing a very close decision. In about my 18th-20t fight I was fighting for the state open title. In the ams its all about learning. Had 4 fights with Corey Johnson, a bout with Oba Carr, Jason Pappilion.... there were other guys that I just dont recall right now. When you step in, no matter who it is just remember, he has the same 2 arms, legs and fists that you do. Fight hard and fight strong, thats the only way that you'll learn.

I say congrats to you guys first for stepping up and more so for not letting the loses bring you down. It's all about learning the trade..........Rockin'
                Last edited by Rockin'; 06-29-2010, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  I went about 45-15 through the ams. My coach threw me at anybody and it helped me learn alot and gain alot of confidence. In my 6th fight I fought Tarrick Salmaci, the defending national champ at the time losing a very close decision. In about my 18th-20t fight I was fighting for the state open title. In the ams its all about learning. Had 4 fights with Corey Johnson, a bout with Oba Carr, Jason Pappilion.... there were other guys that I just dont recall right now. When you step in, no matter who it is just remember, he has the same 2 arms, legs and fists that you do. Fight hard and fight strong, thats the only way that you'll learn.

I say congrats to you guys first for stepping up and more so for not letting the loses bring you down. It's all about learning the trade..........Rockin'
                  Thats crazy inspiring stuff man. The losses do bring you down but you just have to role with it. My second loss to the National Champ killed me because I knew deap down I beat him and did not deserve a dq. Then I realise a kid with just under 60 fights is right on my level which makes you feel better.

Comment

Yeah, as long as you have the ability to do it and protect yourself, a lot of the time stepping up past your experience level is really good and does you wonders, for me personally it has improved me heaps and given me confidence. But of course you don't want to bite off more than you can chew, I have seen guys who were pretty good fighters, but they got stepped up a little too far too fast and got hurt.

Comment

Working...
                    X