Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some religious people ridicule Sciences beliefs on how the Universe came to be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do some religious people ridicule Sciences beliefs on how the Universe came to be

They say "oh the big bang yeah nothing just blew up and made everything".

But then their beliefs is that God/or a higher being created the Universe him/herself and when you ask them how was God created, they say he/she is so powerful and so great that he/she created itself.

Okay so nothing just created itself and became something?
    Doesn't that sound pretty much the same, like isn't it hypocritical to make fun of the big bang theory while your theory is just as "stupid" as what you're making fun of and sounds pretty much the same?

This is an actual question of mine, Kevin, that I have been wanting to ask for a while.

Ignorance, amigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionel. View Post
      Ignorance, amigo.
      They say it with so much passion like "Haha yeah sure nothing just blew up out of nowhere" But then they have the nerve to say God created itself out of nowhere!?!? I can not argue that in person I get so mad

I got so pissed at one of my religious friends because of that.

Comment

Everyone is different and believe in different beliefs. There is no real right or wrong answer here, well actually there is due to SCIENTIFIC facts but it is what it is..

Comment

Scientists seek to establish cause and effect with verifiable evidence to support their conclusions.

Religious believers accept concepts on faith alone, and for one to resort to science to validate a theory diminishes the faith element.

For example - If one has to rely on concrete evidence in order to believe, then they are not a true believer, because the element of faith is eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
            Everyone is different and believe in different beliefs. There is no real right or wrong answer here, well actually there is due to SCIENTIFIC facts but it is what it is..
            The Big Bang is a THEORY, not a FACT. The world's creation by pure luck/chance, is comparable to a tornado moving through a junkyard and creating an F16 fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
              The Big Bang is a THEORY, not a FACT. The world's creation by pure luck/chance, is comparable to a tornado moving through a junkyard and creating an F16 fighter.
              Can you tell me in what way do you believe the universe was created sir.

Comment

Exactly!!!

Many theories that are religious in nature, are just as implausible.

Comment

which is very good evidence as to why we are probably the only form of intelligent life in our galaxy and maybe universe.

this disproves nothing about the big bang and simply says that luck was on our side when our sun blew up the first time.

Comment

nobody knows how or why we are here and the more you think about it the more it will drive you crazy there are billions of people who have different ideas and all are sure that they are right but in reality nobody really knows not even squeal piggy.

Comment

Working...
                    X