No announcement yet.

Lets say freddie roach does have floyd's number

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
    Here's the thing, Roach was trained by and tought how to train by Eddie Futch. Don't think for a second he didn't gain a depth of knowledge.
    Exactly my point!

Futch handed losses to guys such as Ali and Roy Jones (prime).

Futch is dealing with a completely different base of information than Roach.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
      And he's had the perfect gameplan to beat floyd all along. Pac executes to perfection and for the first time in a loooong time floyd enters the fight knowing he's down 2-4 rds. Exactly what adjustments does floyd make?? Does knowing he's down on the cards and unable to coast aggravate him???
      In a lot of mayweathers fights he is normally behind after a few rounds so I don't think he would panic because he has showed b4 he can overcome early problems in fights.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
        manny has been in the ring with great ATG like marquez , barerra , and morales !!!!! and thanks to freddys game plan he has beaten them all !!!! i dont think freedies gameplan and expertise should be called into question !!!! i just came home from training with a few old timers and they think it is roger and floyds gameplan that would need to be questioned , because they are not battle tested against ATG fighers like pac and freddy are !!!!! the closest to they came too is the likes of brusseles , baldomire and zab judah !!!!!! think of it like this one baskettball player plays aginst jv players and in undefeated , and you put him in a game against someone that played against division 1 competetion that lost 2 times and has been in wars the others !!!!! who do you think will be more prepared if they were to go head to head !!!!!!!!!!!!!
        You just said Manny has been in the ring with ATG marquez; then you say Floyd isn't battle tested against any ATG like Pac & the closet he came was the likes of Brusseles, Baldomire & Zab. Didn't Floyd fight Marquez? Or did I just make up a whole 24/7 & 12 round fight in my head?

You really defy the laws of stupidity treason.

For **** sake *****s. Howcome you all know how to play the hypothetical scenario game when it comes to any other fighter??? Y'all came up with some crazy hypothetical **** that was never gonna happen to build up ortiz and y'all played along with in depth analysis but when it comes to pac all of a sudden you can only deal in absolutes??? "freddie roach cant, wont, doesnt have the perfect gameplan" contributes absolutely nothing to a hypothetical thread intended to actually give props to floyd by highlighting his a ability to adjust on the fly.
        To be honest who knows. I mean Roach it's another "chance" Roach has to come up with a game plan & Roach is a very smart trainer. He might just be able to come up with the game plan & if he does & Floyd is legitimately down in the first 3/4 rounds; who knows how he reacts.

If he's down I think Floyd goes on the attack & begins to take some risks. This could obviously leave him open to a Pac counter. But I think if Floyd looks to trade with Pac, it could see Pac divert from any game plan that Roach has given for him because of that macho/warrior pride in Pac.

I don't think it will aggravate him though. Floyd is one of the coolest customers in boxing & rarely loses his cool in the ring. I believe he'll just do his thing but become a bit more aggressive (ala Mosley, Ortiz).

Comment

Originally posted by orlandoernandez View Post
          I think once pac lands his first good punch, Floyd wont be able to adjust.
          Really. What's the historical basis on your opinion? Floyd has been caought by big punchers before.

Manny has never fought someone who is as quick as floyd.

How will manny adjust to someone who has speed an power.

we all see how well he did with Marquez......................................

Comment

then floyd will change his number, and its back to square one for freddie and manny, then what?

Comment

And he's had the perfect gameplan to beat floyd all along. Pac executes to perfection and for the first time in a loooong time floyd enters the fight knowing he's down 2-4 rds. Exactly what adjustments does floyd make?? Does knowing he's down on the cards and unable to coast aggravate him???
              he doesn't.. *******s love fantasy

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                You just said Manny has been in the ring with ATG marquez; then you say Floyd isn't battle tested against any ATG like Pac & the closet he came was the likes of Brusseles, Baldomire & Zab. Didn't Floyd fight Marquez? Or did I just make up a whole 24/7 & 12 round fight in my head?

You really defy the laws of stupidity treason.

To be honest who knows. I mean Roach it's another "chance" Roach has to come up with a game plan & Roach is a very smart trainer. He might just be able to come up with the game plan & if he does & Floyd is legitimately down in the first 3/4 rounds; who knows how he reacts.

If he's down I think Floyd goes on the attack & begins to take some risks. This could obviously leave him open to a Pac counter. But I think if Floyd looks to trade with Pac, it could see Pac divert from any game plan that Roach has given for him because of that macho/warrior pride in Pac.

I don't think it will aggravate him though. Floyd is one of the coolest customers in boxing & rarely loses his cool in the ring. I believe he'll just do his thing but become a bit more aggressive (ala Mosley, Ortiz).
                true.

But I think what it all comes down to is Flyod can adjust mid fight Pac just runs the same gameplan as he trained for. When he get's flustered all his fundamentals go out the window! historical fact! Shane mosley fights the same as pac mentally he trains ones way when **** get's crazy he does the same stuff over and over again!

Comment

i think the tc asked a very feasible question. i dont personally think it'll get that far, but if it did, Mak gave the right answer. anyone who knows floyd, knows this.

Comment

and yes, floyd is very cool. the angriest ive seen him is in the ortiz fight. he really wanted to hurt ortiz after that head shot. and i think that was justified. also, the blows that mosely landed to wobble him made him pretty mean too. the way he beat mosely after that was very telling. floyd doesnt like getting hit. when he does, he really has a mean streak. look at some of his vulnerable fights ala corley, judah and esp his fight against emmanuel burton/augustus.

Comment

One of Floyd's greatest assets is the ability to adapt and overcome during the fight. Manny has to be very smart, pressure alone will not win against Floyd, he also needs to adapt and overcome.

Comment

Working...
                      X