View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 09:59 PM #24
Interim Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,032,211.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Top Rank- View Post
Yeah man.

I called his pseudo fans out a while ago.

I mean we all saw Andy Lee and to think Martinez is willing to face that bum, but not Pirog. Also I'm still trying to figure out why Manfredo is a perfect candidate and the other 160lbers aren't worthy of Martinez time.
Quite easy. HBO gave them a date and they would expect an opponent with good name recognition. Manfredo fits that bill perfectly, having been a popular member of the Contender series and he also has a good hometown following. He also holds a lower belt (IBO I think it is), so they can pass it off as a legitimate fight to unsuspecting casuals. Nothing more to it than that. It's not a stay busy fight. It's the fight which draws HBO the most interest at that point in time.
Fighting Pride is offline   Reply With Quote